Massachusetts AIDS ride raises $125,000
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 18 2003 12:00 AM ET
About 60 bicyclists participated in the inaugural Boston-to-Provincetown, Mass., AIDS ride fund-raiser on September 13, raising about $125,000 for Boston's Fenway Community Health Center and the Cape Cod AIDS Support Group, The Boston Globe reports. "People didn't think we could do it, but we did it," ride volunteer Frank Ribaudo told the Globe. The event is the first bicycling fund-raiser in the region since several Massachusetts HIV/AIDS organizations broke ties with the now-defunct fund-raising company Pallotta TeamWorks and the company's Boston-to-New York AIDS ride. The ride was dedicated to Michael Tye, a former Fenway board member who died of bone cancer in June.
- Artist Spotlight: Roberta Marrero
- LGBT People Are Driving an Upheaval in Video Games
- WATCH: Gay Vlogger Tyler Oakley Talks Education With Michelle Obama
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- LSU Fraternity Faces Heat For Crass Michael Sam Banner
- I'm From Driftwood Presents: 'You're Bisexual? Then Why Not Choose To Be Normal?'