Ex-marine pleads guilty to murder
BY Advocate.com Editors
February 15 2001 1:00 AM ET
A former marine pleaded guilty Wednesday to strangling his wife and burying her in a shallow grave on Virginias Quantico Marine Corps Base last year. Aaron Feeney, 22, told police that he killed Tabatha Feeney after she threatened to ruin his career by telling his commanders hes gay. He reported his wife missing two days after killing her on August 12, but after inconsistencies in his story lead police to suspect him, Feeney admitted to the crime on August 17. Prosecutors have recommended that Feeney serve a 25-year sentence for the first-degree murder conviction. Sentencing is set for May 3.
- Could National Marriage Equality Mean the End of Gay Culture?
- Op-ed: When Right vs. Left Becomes Right vs. Wrong
- PHOTOS: Men Over 50, 3rd Edition
- 9 Celebs Who Learned the Hard Way the T-Word Is Over
- Op-ed: Help Decide the Future of the LGBT Movement
- WATCH: Jon Stewart's Hilarious Take on This Week's Supreme Court Arguments