Dan Savage v. NOM
May 06 2012 9:17 AM ET
Soon after National Organization for Marriage president Brian Brown challenged Dan Savage to a debate on all things religion (this following the It Gets Better founder and sex columnist’s dismantling of Biblical prohibitions against homosexuality during a high school journalism conference), Savage has accepted the offer.
On Friday, this was Brown’s opening salvo, via NOM:
Let me lay down a public challenge to Dan Savage right here and now: You want to savage the Bible? Christian morality? Traditional marriage? Pope Benedict? I'm here, you name the time and the place and let's see what a big man you are in a debate with someone who can talk back. It's easy to make high-school girls cry by picking on them. Let's pick on someone our own size!
Savage’s response, Per the Stranger:
I will name the time and the place, per your offer, as soon as possible. Looking forward to it, NOMnuts.
No word yet on when said epic throwdown may occur.
- Tennessee Hardware Store Puts Up 'No Gays Allowed' Sign
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Girl Scouts Return $100K When Donor Demands It 'Not Be Used' For Trans Girls
- Trans Woman Who Expanded Facebook's Gender Options Banned For Not Using 'Real Name'
- He Went There: Antigay Judge Roy Moore Compares Marriage Equality to Holocaust
- WATCH: 7-Year-Old Waves Pride Flag in Face of Homophobic Rant, Wins Internet