Chris Evans Outed Bro Scott in The Advocate
BY Advocate.com Editors
December 30 2009 4:55 PM ET
Chris Evans got a lot of attention when he talked about his gay brother Scott in an interview with The Advocate — but Scott Evans tells WeLoveSoaps.net the attention wasn't all good, because Scott wasn't yet out professionally.
“He outed me publicly,” Scott Evans told the website. “I outed me when I was 19 but he outed me publicly… it was The Advocate that the article came out where he told my story and when the article came out he got a lot of flak for it from a lot of his friends who said, ‘I can’t believe you did that!” Immediately I got a phone call from him and he left me this message freaking out: ‘Are you okay with this? Are you upset that I did that?’”
Scott assured his older brother he wasn't upset.
“I’m glad that he’s comfortable enough to talk about it and not ashamed about it or anything,” he said of Chris.
Read The Advocate's interview with Chris Evans here and watch Scott Evans's interview with WeLoveSoaps below.
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View
- BREAKING: Supreme Court Rebuffs Florida — Marriages to Begin
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- Emily Blunt: 'I Want to Be a Gay Icon'
- WATCH: Partner of Sydney Siege Hero Remembers His 'Soulmate'