Chris Evans Outed Bro Scott in The Advocate
BY Advocate.com Editors
December 30 2009 4:55 PM ET
Chris Evans got a lot of attention when he talked about his gay brother Scott in an interview with The Advocate — but Scott Evans tells WeLoveSoaps.net the attention wasn't all good, because Scott wasn't yet out professionally.
“He outed me publicly,” Scott Evans told the website. “I outed me when I was 19 but he outed me publicly… it was The Advocate that the article came out where he told my story and when the article came out he got a lot of flak for it from a lot of his friends who said, ‘I can’t believe you did that!” Immediately I got a phone call from him and he left me this message freaking out: ‘Are you okay with this? Are you upset that I did that?’”
Scott assured his older brother he wasn't upset.
“I’m glad that he’s comfortable enough to talk about it and not ashamed about it or anything,” he said of Chris.
Read The Advocate's interview with Chris Evans here and watch Scott Evans's interview with WeLoveSoaps below.
- Women WATCH: Trans Man Has Vagina Pride March 07 2014 7:51 PM
- Hot Sheet Hot Sheet: History Boys March 07 2014 7:25 PM
- Marriage Equality Here's The Most Absurd Thing You Missed in Michigan's Marriage Equality Trial March 07 2014 7:20 PM
- Uganda As Aid Cuts Continue, Ugandan Officials Not Concerned March 07 2014 6:57 PM
- Religion Fired Gay Administrator Sues Wash. Catholic School March 07 2014 6:55 PM
- Women Who the F Is … California Politico Toni Atkins? March 07 2014 5:53 PM
- Women Op-ed: Why We Need International Women's Day March 07 2014 5:49 PM