BY Advocate.com Editors
December 30 2009 5:55 PM ET
Chris Evans got a lot of attention when he talked about his gay
brother Scott in an interview with The Advocate -- but Scott Evans
tells WeLoveSoaps.net the attention wasn't all good, because
Scott wasn't yet out professionally.
“He outed me publicly,” Scott Evans told the website. “I outed me when I was 19 but he outed me publicly… it was The Advocate that the article came out where he told my story and when the article came out he got a lot of flak for it from a lot of his friends who said, ‘I can’t believe you did that!” Immediately I got a phone call from him and he left me this message freaking out: ‘Are you okay with this? Are you upset that I did that?’”
Scott assured his older brother he wasn't upset.
“I’m glad that he’s comfortable enough to talk about it and not ashamed about it or anything,” he said of Chris.
Read The Advocate's interview with Chris Evans here and watch Scott Evans's interview with WeLoveSoaps below.
- Op-ed: Adopting the T in LGBT
- Multiple Attacks on Gay Men in NYC, Hours After Rally
- Schumer Admits Reason He Left Gays Out of Immigration 'Provides Little Comfort'
- A Reason for Pride: Gay Parents Are Changing the World
- Does Expansion of Rights Also Expand Antigay Violence?
- Op-ed: My Life as a Gay Boy Scout
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Commentary NYC Hate Crimes: Why I'm Afraid for First Time in My Life 14 min 13 sec ago
- Women WATCH: Portia de Rossi Spills Ellen's Most Annoying Habit to Jennifer Aniston 37 min 16 sec ago
- Living Well Why Shacking Up Is Good For Your Health 43 min 19 sec ago
- Politics Schumer: The Reason We Excluded Gays Offers 'Little Comfort' 1 hour 39 min ago
- World News PHOTOS: Startling Response to Right-Winger's Suicide in Notre Dame 2 hours 8 min ago
- Crime Does Expansion of Rights Also Expand Antigay Violence? 11:07 AM
- Film New Man Of Steel and Wolverine Trailers Debut 9:03 AM