Chris Evans Outed Bro Scott in The Advocate
BY Advocate.com Editors
December 30 2009 5:55 PM ET
Chris Evans got a lot of attention when he talked about his gay brother Scott in an interview with The Advocate — but Scott Evans tells WeLoveSoaps.net the attention wasn't all good, because Scott wasn't yet out professionally.
“He outed me publicly,” Scott Evans told the website. “I outed me when I was 19 but he outed me publicly… it was The Advocate that the article came out where he told my story and when the article came out he got a lot of flak for it from a lot of his friends who said, ‘I can’t believe you did that!” Immediately I got a phone call from him and he left me this message freaking out: ‘Are you okay with this? Are you upset that I did that?’”
Scott assured his older brother he wasn't upset.
“I’m glad that he’s comfortable enough to talk about it and not ashamed about it or anything,” he said of Chris.
Read The Advocate's interview with Chris Evans here and watch Scott Evans's interview with WeLoveSoaps below.
- Op-ed: In Defense of Looking
- This Is How Every Parent Should Respond After Their 13-Year-Old Comes Out
- Throwback Thursday: Richard Simmons Gets Inappropriate on Whose Line Is It Anyway?
- Right-Wingers Call Frozen a Gay Indoctrination Film
- Op-ed: No One Is Invincible
- After Elimination: Vivacious of RuPaul's Drag Race Season 6
- Travel Directors, Reality Housewives and the Sad Story of WeHo's 'Death Corner' 5 min 32 sec ago
- Politics Michigan's First Out Federal Judge Confirmed 1 hour 5 min ago
- Arts & Entertainment Model Andrej Pejic Shouts: 'I'm a Boy and I'm a Girl!' 1 hour 14 min ago
- Women This is the Meryl Streep/Hillary Clinton Selfie You Need In Your Life Right Now! 2 hours 24 min ago
- Comedy WATCH: Richard Simmons Gets Inappropriate on TV 2:27 PM
- Women WATCH: AI's Out Performer MK Nobilette Does 'To Make You Feel My Love' 2:11 PM
- Marriage Equality WATCH: Married British Same-Sex Couples Are Now Legal 1:56 PM