BY Advocate.com Editors
December 30 2009 5:55 PM ET
Chris Evans got a lot of attention when he talked about his gay
brother Scott in an interview with The Advocate -- but Scott Evans
tells WeLoveSoaps.net the attention wasn't all good, because
Scott wasn't yet out professionally.
“He outed me publicly,” Scott Evans told the website. “I outed me when I was 19 but he outed me publicly… it was The Advocate that the article came out where he told my story and when the article came out he got a lot of flak for it from a lot of his friends who said, ‘I can’t believe you did that!” Immediately I got a phone call from him and he left me this message freaking out: ‘Are you okay with this? Are you upset that I did that?’”
Scott assured his older brother he wasn't upset.
“I’m glad that he’s comfortable enough to talk about it and not ashamed about it or anything,” he said of Chris.
Read The Advocate's interview with Chris Evans here and watch Scott Evans's interview with WeLoveSoaps below.
- Boy Scouts Vote to End Discrimination Against Gay Youth
- WATCH: What Happens When a Gay Boy Scout Comes Out to His Camp Leader
- Canada Lifts Lifetime Blood Ban on Gay Men — But There's a Catch
- Nevada Takes Another Step Toward Marriage Equality
- Transgender High School Senior Skips Graduation Over School's Transphobic Policy
- Giants Pitcher Jeremy Affeldt Shares His Evolution on Homophobia
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Sports Gay Athletes Hop Aboard the Condom Mobile 39 min 25 sec ago
- Crime Questions Over Police Response to Murder of N.Y. Gay Man Still Unanswered 52 min 25 sec ago
- Marriage Equality Nevada Takes Another Step Toward Marriage Equality 1 hour 13 min ago
- Youth BREAKING: Scouts Vote to End Discrimination Against Gay Youth 1 hour 32 min ago
- Theater WATCH: How Billy Porter Becomes Kinky Boots Drag Diva 1 hour 39 min ago
- Entertainment News Debbie Reynolds: 'We All Knew He Was Gay' 2 hours 3 min ago
- World News Ugandan LGBT Activists Arrested While Protesting Media Censorship 2 hours 18 min ago