Mel Gibson’s Dad: The Pope Is Gay
BY Advocate.com Editors
August 09 2010 5:25 PM ET
In a radio interview Monday, Mel Gibson’s father told listeners that
the pope is gay and the Roman Catholic Church isn’t fighting marriage equality “because
half of the people there in the Vatican are queer.”
Hutton Gibson appeared on the Political Cesspool Radio Program and accused the Catholic Church of failing to tackle homosexuality. Following the interview, he told RadarOnline.com the Vatican is full of child molesters.
The controversial 91-year-old is no stranger to making shocking statements. In a 2003 interview he made claims the Holocaust had never happened and that the September 11, 2001, attacks were perpetrated by remote control.
Hutton Gibson regularly attends his son’s alternative Catholic Church in Malibu, Calif. He would not comment on the allegations by Mel’s former girlfriend, Oksana Grigorieva, that the actor had abused her.
- WATCH: Alabama Jails, Fines Minister After Performing Lesbian Wedding
- Where in the World Are the Happiest Gay Men?
- REPORT: Bisexuals Face Biphobia at Doctor's Office, LGBT Groups
- #TBT: Selling the Male Body
- Ala. Senate Passes Bill That Would End Marriage Licenses
- Poised for Perfection: Sgt. Shane Ortega Puts a Face to the Transgender Military Ban