Mel Gibson’s Dad: The Pope Is Gay
BY Advocate.com Editors
August 09 2010 5:25 PM ET
In a radio interview Monday, Mel Gibson’s father told listeners that
the pope is gay and the Roman Catholic Church isn’t fighting marriage equality “because
half of the people there in the Vatican are queer.”
Hutton Gibson appeared on the Political Cesspool Radio Program and accused the Catholic Church of failing to tackle homosexuality. Following the interview, he told RadarOnline.com the Vatican is full of child molesters.
The controversial 91-year-old is no stranger to making shocking statements. In a 2003 interview he made claims the Holocaust had never happened and that the September 11, 2001, attacks were perpetrated by remote control.
Hutton Gibson regularly attends his son’s alternative Catholic Church in Malibu, Calif. He would not comment on the allegations by Mel’s former girlfriend, Oksana Grigorieva, that the actor had abused her.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Hot Sheet: Guardians and Go-Go Boys
- Michelle Duggar Gets Verdict In Her Quest Against LGBT Ordinance in Ark.
- Michael Lannan's Looking Is More Than Gay Sex and the City
- Writers Lena Waithe & Justin Simien Show Hollywood It’s More Than Just Black & White
- Artist Spotlight: Czanara