Mel Gibson’s Dad: The Pope Is Gay
BY Advocate.com Editors
August 09 2010 5:25 PM ET
In a radio interview Monday, Mel Gibson’s father told listeners that
the pope is gay and the Roman Catholic Church isn’t fighting marriage equality “because
half of the people there in the Vatican are queer.”
Hutton Gibson appeared on the Political Cesspool Radio Program and accused the Catholic Church of failing to tackle homosexuality. Following the interview, he told RadarOnline.com the Vatican is full of child molesters.
The controversial 91-year-old is no stranger to making shocking statements. In a 2003 interview he made claims the Holocaust had never happened and that the September 11, 2001, attacks were perpetrated by remote control.
Hutton Gibson regularly attends his son’s alternative Catholic Church in Malibu, Calif. He would not comment on the allegations by Mel’s former girlfriend, Oksana Grigorieva, that the actor had abused her.
- He Said, She Said: Privilege Check On I Am Cait
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Teen Jerusalem Pride Marcher Dies From Stabbing
- I Am Jazz: 14, Transgender, and the Star of My Own Docu-series
- WATCH: Ben Carson Gets the Constitution Wrong Again
- UFC Women's Champ Refuses to Fight Trans Athlete Fallon Fox