Kramer: Obama “Useless” on HIV, Gay Issues
BY Julie Bolcer
December 02 2010 12:00 PM ET
Larry Kramer, who sounded early alerts at the dawn of the AIDS epidemic, ripped into President Barack Obama, calling him a “do-nothing” who is “useless” on HIV and gay issues.
Kramer, who is 75, spoke with the New York Daily News on World AIDS Day about growing older with HIV and gave his views on the president.
“Mr. Do-Nothing Obama will say today ‘Lets think of all the poor dead people’- or ‘let’s honor all the dead’ instead of fighting for the living,” said Kramer.
“He has been really useless in terms of both HIV and gay issues. An exceedingly large disappointment to me, how useless he has been.
“He is simply not a leader. He may be president, but he is not a leader,” he said.
- PHOTOS: International Mr. Leather Weekend
- Where in the World Are the Happiest Gay Men?
- #TBT: Selling the Male Body
- Poised for Perfection: Sgt. Shane Ortega Puts a Face to the Transgender Military Ban
- WATCH: Alabama Jails, Fines Minister After Performing Lesbian Wedding
- Murder Mastermind Charles Manson is Bi, Raped a Man