Kramer: Obama “Useless” on HIV, Gay Issues
BY Julie Bolcer
December 02 2010 12:00 PM ET
Larry Kramer, who sounded early alerts at the dawn of the AIDS epidemic, ripped into President Barack Obama, calling him a “do-nothing” who is “useless” on HIV and gay issues.
Kramer, who is 75, spoke with the New York Daily News on World AIDS Day about growing older with HIV and gave his views on the president.
“Mr. Do-Nothing Obama will say today ‘Lets think of all the poor dead people’- or ‘let’s honor all the dead’ instead of fighting for the living,” said Kramer.
“He has been really useless in terms of both HIV and gay issues. An exceedingly large disappointment to me, how useless he has been.
“He is simply not a leader. He may be president, but he is not a leader,” he said.
- Multiple Attacks on Gay Men in NYC, Hours After Rally
- Father of Teen Facing Felony for Lesbian Relationship Says She's Been Targeted Before
- French Marriage Equality Opponent Commits Suicide at Notre Dame
- LGBT-Inclusive Immigration Reform Good As Dead, Say Advocates
- Illinois Will Pass Marriage Equality Bill, Sponsor Says
- WATCH: President Obama Tells Morehouse Grads 'Be the Best Husband to Your Boyfriend'
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Politics Neither Democrats Nor Republicans Pleased With Virginia's GOP Lt. Gov. Nominee 12 min 41 sec ago
- Entertainment News Bling King: Liberace Car, Piano on View in NYC 29 min 1 sec ago
- Love and Sex Dear Digital Romeo: How Do I Seduce a Guy Through Chat? 51 min 58 sec ago
- Women Free Kate — She's Been Targeted Before, Says Father 1 hour 42 min ago
- Marriage Equality Illinois Will Pass Marriage Equality Bill, Sponsor Says 2 hours 25 min ago
- Women Op-Ed: Case of Lesbian Teen Kaitlyn Hunt Raises Questions About Sexual Double Standard 2 hours 38 min ago
- Music WATCH: Is This the Worst Music Video Ever? 2 hours 51 min ago