Kramer: Obama “Useless” on HIV, Gay Issues
BY Julie Bolcer
December 02 2010 12:00 PM ET
Larry Kramer, who sounded early alerts at the dawn of the AIDS epidemic, ripped into President Barack Obama, calling him a “do-nothing” who is “useless” on HIV and gay issues.
Kramer, who is 75, spoke with the New York Daily News on World AIDS Day about growing older with HIV and gave his views on the president.
“Mr. Do-Nothing Obama will say today ‘Lets think of all the poor dead people’- or ‘let’s honor all the dead’ instead of fighting for the living,” said Kramer.
“He has been really useless in terms of both HIV and gay issues. An exceedingly large disappointment to me, how useless he has been.
“He is simply not a leader. He may be president, but he is not a leader,” he said.
- Time to #BoycottIndiana? Celebs Blow Up Social Media
- Trixie Mattel on Drag Race Elimination: 'It Was Rude'
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- 11 Bad Habits Killing LGBT People
- Gov. Mike Pence Just Gave Indiana a 'License to Discriminate'
- Ex-BYU Student Assaulted, Evicted After Coming Out