Gay Waiter Wins £21,500 for Nip Tweak
BY Advocate.com Editors
February 15 2011 6:45 PM ET
A gay waiter at one of London’s Michelin-starred restaurants has won £21,500 after colleagues harassed him with antigay slurs and a customer tweaked his nipples.
Vincent Ma, 31, worked at Yauatcha Chinese restaurant in Soho. He complained that in addition to the harassment and the grabbing of his nipple, he watched two male coworkers simulate sex in front of him.
Ma said when he complained to his manager about the nipple tweaking, he was asked, “Did you like it?”
He sued the company for harassment on the grounds of sexual orientation and constructive dismissal. On Monday a London employment tribunal awarded him the payout for his lost earnings plus damages.
Read more here.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Music The Comeback: ABBA's Agnetha Fältskog 6 min 51 sec ago
- Travel 10 of Europe's Gayest Beaches 1 hour 23 min ago
- Current Issue The South's Longer Wait for Equality 4:00 AM
- Current Issue Editor's Letter: Why One Couple's Story Should Worry You 4:00 AM
- Current Issue The Small Southwestern Town That Went Rogue 4:00 AM
- Arts & Entertainment Week in Beef: Ben Cohen, Frank Ocean, Hugh Jackman, and More Shirtless Celebs May 19 2013 6:02 PM
- Sports Griner: Baylor Coach Enforced Closet Policy May 19 2013 5:59 PM