Gay Waiter Wins £21,500 for Nip Tweak
BY Advocate.com Editors
February 15 2011 6:45 PM ET
A gay waiter at one of London’s Michelin-starred restaurants has won £21,500 after colleagues harassed him with antigay slurs and a customer tweaked his nipples.
Vincent Ma, 31, worked at Yauatcha Chinese restaurant in Soho. He complained that in addition to the harassment and the grabbing of his nipple, he watched two male coworkers simulate sex in front of him.
Ma said when he complained to his manager about the nipple tweaking, he was asked, “Did you like it?”
He sued the company for harassment on the grounds of sexual orientation and constructive dismissal. On Monday a London employment tribunal awarded him the payout for his lost earnings plus damages.
Read more here.
- New Antigay Children's Book Teaches Kids to Hate LGBT Families
- WATCH: Kaitlyn Hunt Rejects Plea Deal, Girlfriend's Parents Say They Had No Choice
- Robbie Rogers Becomes First Openly Gay Major League Soccer Player
- French Marriage Equality Opponent 'Very Scared' Of Right-Wing Backlash
- Virginia's Lt. Gov. Nominee Says Gays Are 'Ikky'
- WATCH: It Already Got Better for This Colorado Student
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Television Jason Collins Calls It a 'Slam-Dunk!' and More Fake Gay Reviews for Behind the Candelabra May 25 2013 6:30 PM
- Food and Drink Want to Eat a Hot Dog Named After Harvey Fierstein? May 25 2013 5:53 PM
- Marriage Equality French Marriage Equality Opponent 'Very Scared' Of Right-Wing Backlash May 25 2013 3:02 PM
- Entertainment News Augusten Burroughs Shows Off Wedding Rings May 25 2013 1:56 PM
- Women WATCH: Kaitlyn Hunt Rejects Plea, Victim's Parents Speak May 25 2013 1:21 PM
- Washington D.C. White House to Host Pride Reception June 13 May 25 2013 12:44 PM
- Politics Virginia's Lt. Gov. Nominee Says Gays Are 'Ikky' May 25 2013 12:35 PM