Judge Calls Pedophile “Gayer Than a Sweet-Smelling Jock Strap”
BY Advocate.com Editors
May 10 2011 1:00 PM ET
On Monday, a 71-year-old former bus driver was sentenced to seven years in prison after pleading no contest and being convicted on charges of sexually assaulting underage boys.
But it’s what Judge Philip Kirk (pictured) of Wisconsin said to Delton D. Gorges during sentencing that has made headlines. He told Gorges: “I think you were born gayer than a sweet-smelling jock strap.”
Kirk then said he was skeptical of Gorges’s claims that he is heterosexual: “I think that if anyone believes that in the last 10 years or 15 years all of a sudden you developed an interest in homosexuality and young boys, then I must have looked ravishing in my prom dress this year.”
He then expressed sympathy for Gorges, saying he believes as a gay man who didn’t feel comfortable coming out, Gorges resorted to molesting young boys.
Read more on the story here.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Arts & Entertainment Week in Beef: Ben Cohen, Frank Ocean, Hugh Jackman, and More Shirtless Celebs 6:02 PM
- Sports Griner: Baylor Coach Enforced Closet Policy 5:59 PM
- Politicians Gay Activists Interrupt Marco Rubio Speech 2:03 PM
- Hate-crimes WATCH: Vigil for Hate Crime Victim Mark Carson 1:01 PM
- Television WATCH: The Cure for Gay Wedding-Related Depression 12:39 PM
- Television WATCH: Did Stefon Marry Seth Meyers or Anderson Cooper? 12:32 PM
- Crime Gay Man Gunned Down in NYC Street, Dies UPDATED: May 18 2013 7:24 PM