Judge Calls Pedophile “Gayer Than a Sweet-Smelling Jock Strap”
BY Advocate.com Editors
May 10 2011 1:00 PM ET
On Monday, a 71-year-old former bus driver was sentenced to seven years in prison after pleading no contest and being convicted on charges of sexually assaulting underage boys.
But it’s what Judge Philip Kirk (pictured) of Wisconsin said to Delton D. Gorges during sentencing that has made headlines. He told Gorges: “I think you were born gayer than a sweet-smelling jock strap.”
Kirk then said he was skeptical of Gorges’s claims that he is heterosexual: “I think that if anyone believes that in the last 10 years or 15 years all of a sudden you developed an interest in homosexuality and young boys, then I must have looked ravishing in my prom dress this year.”
He then expressed sympathy for Gorges, saying he believes as a gay man who didn’t feel comfortable coming out, Gorges resorted to molesting young boys.
Read more on the story here.
- New Antigay Children's Book Teaches Kids to Hate LGBT Families
- WATCH: Kaitlyn Hunt Rejects Plea Deal, Girlfriend's Parents Say They Had No Choice
- Robbie Rogers Becomes First Openly Gay Major League Soccer Player
- WATCH: It Already Got Better for This Colorado Student
- Artist Spotlight: Christopher Sousa
- The 'Undetectable' Paradox
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Television Jason Collins Calls It a 'Slam-Dunk!' and More Fake Gay Reviews for Behind the Candelabra May 25 2013 6:30 PM
- Food and Drink Want to Eat a Hot Dog Named After Harvey Fierstein? May 25 2013 5:53 PM
- Marriage Equality French Marriage Equality Opponent 'Very Scared' Of Right-Wing Backlash May 25 2013 3:02 PM
- Entertainment News Augusten Burroughs Shows Off Wedding Rings May 25 2013 1:56 PM
- Women WATCH: Kaitlyn Hunt Rejects Plea, Victim's Parents Speak May 25 2013 1:21 PM
- Washington D.C. White House to Host Pride Reception June 13 May 25 2013 12:44 PM
- Politics Virginia's Lt. Gov. Nominee Says Gays Are 'Ikky' May 25 2013 12:35 PM