Bank of America Grants S.F. Gay Orgs $130K
BY Neal Broverman
June 24 2011 7:05 PM ET
Bank of America, the sponsor of San Francisco's Pride celebration for the eighth year, earlier this week presented nine Bay Area LGBT organizations with a check for $130,000.
The gift from Bank of America will benefit the Lavender Youth Recreation and Information Center, Our Family Coalition, the National AIDS Memorial Grove, San Francisco Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender Community Center, Horizons Foundation, National Center for Lesbian Rights, Project Open Hand, San Francisco Pride Celebration, and San Francisco AIDS Foundation.
San Francisco Pride takes place this weekend with the theme of "In Pride We Trust."
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- WATCH: Obama Bundler, HRC Founder Terry Bean Arrested on Sex Crimes Charges
- Op-ed: How Gay Genius Alan Turing Got Me Through Middle School
- 6 Bad Signs of a Good Relationship
- Robbie Rogers's Memoir Kicks Around Depression, Redemption, And Coming Out
- Lesbian Couple Worries Antigay Slur on Google Maps is a Hate Crime