Bank of America Grants S.F. Gay Orgs $130K
BY Neal Broverman
June 24 2011 8:05 PM ET
Bank of America, the sponsor of San Francisco's Pride celebration for the eighth year, earlier this week presented nine Bay Area LGBT organizations with a check for $130,000.
The gift from Bank of America will benefit the Lavender Youth Recreation and Information Center, Our Family Coalition, the National AIDS Memorial Grove, San Francisco Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender Community Center, Horizons Foundation, National Center for Lesbian Rights, Project Open Hand, San Francisco Pride Celebration, and San Francisco AIDS Foundation.
San Francisco Pride takes place this weekend with the theme of "In Pride We Trust."
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Boys Wear Skirts to Class in Protest After School Fines Trans Girl for Wearing Skirt
- The 50 Most Influential LGBT People in Media
- Op-ed: Gay Voice Is Ruining Lives
- Catholics: Antigay Leaders Get Boot, a Progressive Becomes American Archbishop
- BOOKS: Art & Queer Culture