Donkeys Try to Bust Up Jerusalem Gay Parade
BY Neal Broverman
July 28 2011 3:05 PM ET
To demonstrate the "bestial" nature of homosexuality, a group of right-wing protesters attempted to bring a donkey convoy to Thursday's Jerusalem Pride Parade but were stopped by police outside the city limits.
Four donkeys and dozens of right-wing protesters tried unsuccessfully to reach the Pride Parade, where 7,000 people are expected. An ultra-Orthodox protest will take place in the Jerusalem neighborhood of Mea Sharim, but no protests are allowed along the parade route.
Read the full story here.
- For YouTube's 10th Birthday, the 10 Best LGBT Videos
- Duggar Show Pulled From TLC Schedule, Could Be Canceled
- New Orleans Mayor Counters Jindal's Order With One of Acceptance for All
- 25 Unforgettable Gay TV Kisses
- Op-ed: I'm a Trans Man Who Doesn't 'Pass' — And You Shouldn't Either
- PHOTOS: Let's Take a Long Look at Long Beach Pride