Donkeys Try to Bust Up Jerusalem Gay Parade
BY Neal Broverman
July 28 2011 3:05 PM ET
To demonstrate the "bestial" nature of homosexuality, a group of right-wing protesters attempted to bring a donkey convoy to Thursday's Jerusalem Pride Parade but were stopped by police outside the city limits.
Four donkeys and dozens of right-wing protesters tried unsuccessfully to reach the Pride Parade, where 7,000 people are expected. An ultra-Orthodox protest will take place in the Jerusalem neighborhood of Mea Sharim, but no protests are allowed along the parade route.
Read the full story here.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- WATCH: Texas Airline Crowd Tackles Antigay Attacker
- In The Studio: Artists and Nude Models
- EXCLUSIVE: Bette Midler Covers TLC's 'Waterfalls'
- PHOTOS: U.S. Marine Now in Filipino Custody After Protests Over Trans Woman's Murder
- Are These the Most Antigay Governors in America?