Donkeys Try to Bust Up Jerusalem Gay Parade
BY Neal Broverman
July 28 2011 2:05 PM ET
To demonstrate the "bestial" nature of homosexuality, a group of right-wing protesters attempted to bring a donkey convoy to Thursday's Jerusalem Pride Parade but were stopped by police outside the city limits.
Four donkeys and dozens of right-wing protesters tried unsuccessfully to reach the Pride Parade, where 7,000 people are expected. An ultra-Orthodox protest will take place in the Jerusalem neighborhood of Mea Sharim, but no protests are allowed along the parade route.
Read the full story here.
- Women New Family Ties: Meredith Baxter Marries Nancy Locke 30 min 53 sec ago
- Travel Spider-Man Will Welcome In 2014 In Times Square 39 min 47 sec ago
- Election Is Marriage Equality Still Politically Dangerous, Even in Mass.? 1 hour 22 min ago
- Entertainment News Tig Notaro Nominated for Best Comedy Album 2 hours 23 min ago
- HIV & AIDS Republican Pol: Gays Want Free Medical Care Because of AIDS 2 hours 27 min ago
- Parenting Israel Again Deals Gay Couples, Families Legislative Setback 4:10 PM
- Business 13 Classic Companies Top HRC's New Corporate Equality Index 3:49 PM