Donkeys Try to Bust Up Jerusalem Gay Parade
BY Neal Broverman
July 28 2011 3:05 PM ET
To demonstrate the "bestial" nature of homosexuality, a group of right-wing protesters attempted to bring a donkey convoy to Thursday's Jerusalem Pride Parade but were stopped by police outside the city limits.
Four donkeys and dozens of right-wing protesters tried unsuccessfully to reach the Pride Parade, where 7,000 people are expected. An ultra-Orthodox protest will take place in the Jerusalem neighborhood of Mea Sharim, but no protests are allowed along the parade route.
Read the full story here.
- Op-ed: Be a Lady, Not a Tramp
- Michael Sam, Cowboys Welcome Lull in Media Attention
- Playwright Responds to N.C. High School That Canceled Play Due to Gay Scene
- Last-Minute Gift Ideas for the Catholic Who Suddenly Wants to Be Friends
- Analysis: Nope, Same-Sex Marriage Doesn't Dissuade Straight People from Getting Married
- Myth or Truth: Can We Give Up Condoms?