Donkeys Try to Bust Up Jerusalem Gay Parade
BY Neal Broverman
July 28 2011 3:05 PM ET
To demonstrate the "bestial" nature of homosexuality, a group of right-wing protesters attempted to bring a donkey convoy to Thursday's Jerusalem Pride Parade but were stopped by police outside the city limits.
Four donkeys and dozens of right-wing protesters tried unsuccessfully to reach the Pride Parade, where 7,000 people are expected. An ultra-Orthodox protest will take place in the Jerusalem neighborhood of Mea Sharim, but no protests are allowed along the parade route.
Read the full story here.
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps
- Pa. Students Allegedly Throw 'Anti-Gay Day,' Write 'Lynch List'
- World Goes Bonkers On Antigay Michigan Repairman
- Bryan Cranston: 'End This Silliness' of Opposing Marriage Equality
- Op-ed: Leelah Alcorn 'Ciswashed' by the Media, White House
- Michigan Trans Teen Skater's Suicide Rocks Roller Derby Community