Palin Will Not Run for President in 2012
BY Michelle Garcia
October 05 2011 7:35 PM ET
Sarah Palin announced to supporters Wednesday that she would not run for the Republican nomination for president. Palin wrote that she made the decision after much "prayer and serious consideration."
She wrote, "My decision is based upon a review of what common sense Conservatives and Independents have accomplished, especially over the last year. I believe that at this time I can be more effective in a decisive role to help elect other true public servants to office — from the nation’s governors to Congressional seats and the Presidency. We need to continue to actively and aggressively help those who will stop the “fundamental transformation” of our nation and instead seek the restoration of our greatness, our goodness and our constitutional republic based on the rule of law."
Read the full letter at ABC News.
- Has Gaga Lost the Gays?
- Philly: Catholic High School Fires Basketball Coach for Connection to Antigay Beating
- Jon Stewart Remembers When The NFL's Biggest Distraction Was a Gay Player
- Artist Spotlight: Roberta Marrero
- The 50 Most Influential LGBT People in Media
- Drink Baileys in Cameroon, Go to Jail for Being Gay