Megadeth's Dave Mustaine Opposes Same-Sex Marriage Because He's "Christian"
BY Jeremy Kinser
February 20 2012 5:15 PM ET
Dave Mustaine, frontman for thrash metal band Megadeth, says he doesn't support gay marriage because he is a Christian and he isn't gay, reports website Blabbermouth.
While being interviewed by Josh Kerns for his radio show Seattle Sounds, which airs on the city's KIRO 97.3 FM radio station Mustaine was asked is he supports gay marriage. "Well, since I'm not gay, the answer to that would be no," the musician replied.
Mustaine was then asked if he would support legislation to make marriage between a man and another man legal. "I'm Christian," he answered. "The answer to that would be no."
Last week Mustaine clarified a report that stated he is endorsing Rick Santorum for president. In a statement issued to the media, Mustaine said, "Contrary to how some people have interpreted my words, I have not endorsed any presidential candidate. What I did say was that I hope to see a Republican in the White House. I've seen good qualities in all the candidates but by no means have made my choice yet. I respect the fact that Santorum took time off from his campaign to be with his sick daughter, but I never used the word 'endorse.'"
- Antigay Activist: Buy My 'No Such Thing as Gay' Book
- PHOTOS: Explore Genderqueer and Other Genders Beyond the Binary
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Op-ed: The Decade Masturbation Burst Out of the Closet Before I Did
- Is the 'Not Gay No More' Guy for Real?
- WATCH: Obama Bundler, HRC Founder Terry Bean Arrested on Sex Crimes Charges