David Moretti, Bruce Vilanch Team For Holiday Comedy
BY Jeremy Kinser
March 28 2012 9:48 AM ET
Out actor David Moretti will costar with Bruce Vilanch in the an upcoming holiday comedy that puts a gay spin on Charles Dickens's classic tale of redemption, A Christmas Carol.
Moretti, best known for his work on here! TV’s vampire series The Lair, and Emmy Award-winning writer Vilanch will appear in Scrooge & Marley, alongside Eating Out: Drama Camp's Ronnie Kroell, A League of Their Own's Megan Cavanagh, and Drop Dead Diva's Rusty Schwimmer.
“I am beyond excited to be a part of Scrooge & Marley,” Moretti says in a press release. “Christmas movies hold a very special place in my heart as I have a handful of favorites I’ve watched every single Christmas since I was a little boy. My hope is that Scrooge & Marley becomes that for the gay community. It’s a sweet, classic story of redemption — with a little glitter.”
- Dance NYC Boylesque Fest Teases Return 6:00 AM
- Artist Spotlight Artist Spotlight: Taylor Smith 4:00 AM
- Women WATCH: Trans Man Has Vagina Pride March 07 2014 7:51 PM
- Hot Sheet Hot Sheet: History Boys March 07 2014 7:25 PM
- Marriage Equality Here's The Most Absurd Thing You Missed in Michigan's Marriage Equality Trial March 07 2014 7:20 PM
- Uganda As Aid Cuts Continue, Ugandan Officials Not Concerned March 07 2014 6:57 PM
- Religion Fired Gay Administrator Sues Wash. Catholic School March 07 2014 6:55 PM