David Moretti, Bruce Vilanch Team For Holiday Comedy
BY Jeremy Kinser
March 28 2012 9:48 AM ET
Out actor David Moretti will costar with Bruce Vilanch in the an upcoming holiday comedy that puts a gay spin on Charles Dickens's classic tale of redemption, A Christmas Carol.
Moretti, best known for his work on here! TV’s vampire series The Lair, and Emmy Award-winning writer Vilanch will appear in Scrooge & Marley, alongside Eating Out: Drama Camp's Ronnie Kroell, A League of Their Own's Megan Cavanagh, and Drop Dead Diva's Rusty Schwimmer.
“I am beyond excited to be a part of Scrooge & Marley,” Moretti says in a press release. “Christmas movies hold a very special place in my heart as I have a handful of favorites I’ve watched every single Christmas since I was a little boy. My hope is that Scrooge & Marley becomes that for the gay community. It’s a sweet, classic story of redemption — with a little glitter.”
- Music 6 New Christmas Albums To Get You In the Holiday Mood 1 min 24 sec ago
- World News WATCH: Obama Invokes LGBT Rights in Mandela Eulogy 9 min 45 sec ago
- Travel PHOTOS: Australia's First Same-Sex Spouses 49 min ago
- Media Should Edie Windsor Be Time's Person of the Year? 1 hour 2 min ago
- Television Bette Midler to Play Mae West in HBO Biopic 11:14 AM
- Marriage Equality ACLU Launches My Big Gay (Il)legal Wedding Contest 10:41 AM
- Women New Family Ties: Meredith Baxter Marries Nancy Locke 10:34 AM