Neil Patrick Harris to Return as Host of Tony Awards
BY Jeremy Kinser
April 03 2012 7:21 PM ET
Neil Patrick Harris will help honor Broadway's finest when he hosts the Tony Awards for the third time.
“I’m thrilled to be a part of this year’s Tony Awards,” Harris says in a statement. “Not only will I be shining a spotlight on the best that Broadway has to offer, but hopefully I’ll score some free house seats to a show or five.”
In 2010, Harris won an Emmy Award for hosting the Tonys, and he previously appeared on Broadway in the musicals Assassins and Cabaret as well as the drama Proof. The 2012 Tony Awards will be broadcast on CBS June 10. Watch Harris and Hugh Jackman, another frequent host of the awards, perform together during last year's broadcast.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- The End of Bullying Could Video Games Be a Cure for Anti-LGBT Bullying? 7:00 AM
- Television The Brains Behind Husbands 6:03 AM
- Tyler Curry The 'Undetectable' Paradox in Talking About HIV 6:00 AM
- Current Issue Meet the New Voice for Dallas 4:00 AM
- Books New Antigay Children's Book Teaches Kids to Hate LGBT Families May 23 2013 8:17 PM
- Commentary Op-ed: Boy Scouts Must Complete the Inclusion Process May 23 2013 7:32 PM
- Sports Gay Athletes Hop Aboard the Condom Mobile May 23 2013 7:15 PM