Neil Patrick Harris to Return as Host of Tony Awards
BY Jeremy Kinser
April 03 2012 7:21 PM ET
Neil Patrick Harris will help honor Broadway's finest when he hosts the Tony Awards for the third time.
“I’m thrilled to be a part of this year’s Tony Awards,” Harris says in a statement. “Not only will I be shining a spotlight on the best that Broadway has to offer, but hopefully I’ll score some free house seats to a show or five.”
In 2010, Harris won an Emmy Award for hosting the Tonys, and he previously appeared on Broadway in the musicals Assassins and Cabaret as well as the drama Proof. The 2012 Tony Awards will be broadcast on CBS June 10. Watch Harris and Hugh Jackman, another frequent host of the awards, perform together during last year's broadcast.
- WATCH: What Happens When a Gay Boy Scout Comes Out to His Camp Leader
- Canada Lifts Lifetime Ban on Blood Donations by Gay Men
- PHOTOS: Real Weddings, Real People
- We Love Liberace Now Even More Than 30 Years Ago
- Op-ed: Are We More Successful Because We’re Gay?
- Peace Corps Recognizes, Respects Same-Sex Couples
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Women Pretty Little Liars Adds Rumer Willis to Roster and Lands Teen Choice Nominations 13 min 27 sec ago
- Music WATCH: Adam Levine Gets a Shirtless Paint Job 26 min 9 sec ago
- Books Three Great Books About HIV 28 min 2 sec ago
- Women WATCH: Amy Schumer Uses Tig Notaro's Cancer for Her Own Personal Gain 46 min 9 sec ago
- Crime Editor of Gay Website Beaten in London 48 min 29 sec ago
- Film We Steal Secrets: Is Bradley Manning a Hero? 50 min 48 sec ago
- Film A Drinking Game for the Liberace Movie 51 min 15 sec ago