Ahmadinejad Calls Homosexuality Ugly and Only for Capitalists
BY Michelle Garcia
September 25 2012 12:45 PM ET
Iranian president Mahmoud Ahmadinejad told CNN that homosexuality is "very ugly behavior" that has been banned by "all prophets and all religions and all faiths."
When asked by CNN's Piers Morgan whther he agrees that LGBT people should have certain rights, Ahmadinejad replied, "Who has said that if you like or believe in doing something ugly, and others do not accept your behavior, that they're denying your freedom?"
He also avoided answering a question from Morgan about whether he would support one of his children if they came out as gay.
Ahmadinejad added that caring about gay rights is reserved only for extreme capitalists who do not support human rights. "This kind of support of homosexuality is only engrained in the thoughts of hard-core capitalists and those who support of the growth of capital only, rather than human values," he said.
The Iranian president is back in New York to attend the U.N. General Assembly. In 2007 during a visit to the city, Ahmadinejad told a crowd at Columbia University that homosexuality did not exist in Iran.
- WATCH: Mom Affirms Her Love in Son's Coming-Out Video
- Wives Want To Know If Their Husbands Are Gay
- Op-ed: We're Here, We're Queer, We're Not Part of a Pair
- One Day in Big Gaylarious America
- Buck Angel Shuts Down Transgender Surgery Fundraising Site
- Defending Anti-LGBT Laws, Putin Slams 'Genderless, Fruitless Tolerance'
- Women 3 Gay Lady-Related Golden Globe Nominations that Make Us Happy! 1 hour 25 min ago
- Coming Out WATCH: Mom Affirms Her Love in Son's Coming-Out Video 1 hour 47 min ago
- People Photo of the Day: DLB and Tom Daley Share a Moment in Houston 1 hour 55 min ago
- Marriage Equality Australia Re-Bans Same-Sex Marriage 2 hours 3 min ago
- Entertainment News Damien Lewis vs. Ian McKellen: Homeland Actor Apologizes 2 hours 6 min ago
- Politics WATCH: Right-Wing 'Documentary' Tries to Defend 'Ex-Gay' Therapy 2 hours 14 min ago
- Internet Wives Want To Know If Their Husbands Are Gay 2:44 PM