Upstate N.Y. Republican Leader Outed as Antigay Internet Troll
BY Michelle Garcia
May 22 2012 12:59 PM ET
Associates of Brian Telesh have come forward with materials proving that the chairman of the Clifton Park, N.Y. Republican Committee has a past of making harsh antigay statements online.
The Albany Times Union acquired online postings from the past several years attributed to Telesh, a supporter of Saratoga County Clerk Kathy Marchione who is challenging incumbent Sen. Roy McDonald.
Libby Post, a public relations executive and LGBT activist who also advised McDonald in the past, submitted statements that may belong to Telesh to the Times Union. One post attributed to Telesh shows him in 2003 saying that gay people are "no different than drug addicts, wife beaters, alcoholics or any other deviant behavior group." Telesh claims that his words were from a private email exchange, but his messages were published on the website, The Leviticus Files.
Another 2009 exchange on Facebook shows Telesh calling another poster, who called out his homophobia, a "Christ Killing Homo."
Telesh claims that several of the screenshots of record are "bogus screenshots" and that he would "never say anything along those lines."
- WATCH: Mom Affirms Her Love in Son's Coming-Out Video
- Wives Want To Know If Their Husbands Are Gay
- Op-ed: We're Here, We're Queer, We're Not Part of a Pair
- Buck Angel Shuts Down Transgender Surgery Fundraising Site
- One Day in Big Gaylarious America
- Defending Anti-LGBT Laws, Putin Slams 'Genderless, Fruitless Tolerance'
- Women 3 Gay Lady-Related Golden Globe Nominations that Make Us Happy! 1 hour 35 min ago
- Coming Out WATCH: Mom Affirms Her Love in Son's Coming-Out Video 1 hour 57 min ago
- People Photo of the Day: DLB and Tom Daley Share a Moment in Houston 2 hours 5 min ago
- Marriage Equality Australia Re-Bans Same-Sex Marriage 2 hours 13 min ago
- Entertainment News Damien Lewis vs. Ian McKellen: Homeland Actor Apologizes 2 hours 16 min ago
- Politics WATCH: Right-Wing 'Documentary' Tries to Defend 'Ex-Gay' Therapy 2 hours 24 min ago
- Internet Wives Want To Know If Their Husbands Are Gay 2:44 PM