This Nevada Congressman Also Has a Tasteless Son
BY Sunnivie Brydum
June 14 2013 4:49 PM ET
Just two days after Arizona senator Jeff Flake apologized for racist, homophobic comments his son made on Twitter, another congressman is in hot water for his son's racist, sexist, and homophobic Twitter rants.
Nevada representative Joe Heck, a Republican first elected to Congress in 2011, told BuzzFeed his son's heinous language wouldn't be tolerated in his home.
"I am extremely disappointed in my son’s use of the offensive and inappropriate language on Twitter: that type of language has never been permitted in our home," Representative Heck told BuzzFeed. "I apologize to everyone he may have offended. My son also apologizes for his insensitive behavior. My wife and I have addressed this family matter directly with him and he has learned from it."
Joey Heck, 16, has a litany of offensive Twitter posts, regularly using words like "faggot," "nigga," saying failed presidential candidate Mitt Romney "raped" Obama and made him his "slave" during a debate, and frequently turning to racist, jingoistic comparisons when tweeting about football.
- BREAKING: Federal Judge Upholds Puerto Rico Marriage Ban
- Op-ed: Be a Lady, Not a Tramp
- Shonda Rhimes to Antigay Viewer: 'Bye Felicia'
- WATCH: CNN's Cooper, Lemon Explore Their Roots in Special Program
- Playwright Responds to N.C. High School That Canceled Play Due to Gay Scene
- Last-Minute Gift Ideas for the Catholic Who Suddenly Wants to Be Friends