This Nevada Congressman Also Has a Tasteless Son
BY Sunnivie Brydum
June 14 2013 4:49 PM ET
Just two days after Arizona senator Jeff Flake apologized for racist, homophobic comments his son made on Twitter, another congressman is in hot water for his son's racist, sexist, and homophobic Twitter rants.
Nevada representative Joe Heck, a Republican first elected to Congress in 2011, told BuzzFeed his son's heinous language wouldn't be tolerated in his home.
"I am extremely disappointed in my son’s use of the offensive and inappropriate language on Twitter: that type of language has never been permitted in our home," Representative Heck told BuzzFeed. "I apologize to everyone he may have offended. My son also apologizes for his insensitive behavior. My wife and I have addressed this family matter directly with him and he has learned from it."
Joey Heck, 16, has a litany of offensive Twitter posts, regularly using words like "faggot," "nigga," saying failed presidential candidate Mitt Romney "raped" Obama and made him his "slave" during a debate, and frequently turning to racist, jingoistic comparisons when tweeting about football.
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- WATCH: Mississippi Clerk Refuses to Wed Gay Couples, Quits After 24 Years
- Girl Scouts Return $100K When Donor Demands It 'Not Be Used' For Trans Girls
- Texas Pastor Who Threatened to Set Himself Aflame Now 'Loves' Gays
- George Takei Takes on Clarence Thomas and Donald Trump (and Wins!)
- Why Is the Duggar Family Paying the Cops Investigating Them?