PHOTOS: The Entire World Shows Its Pride With IDAHOT
BY Advocate.com Editors
May 19 2014 3:20 PM ET
In new ways and protests, the world came together on Saturday to mark the International Day Against Homophobia and Transphobia, an annual event aimed at raising visibility and standing together for LGBT equality. One simple but powerful gesture out of Costa Rica gained the most headlines internationally as the country's new president, Luis Guillermo Solís, raised a pride flag above his residence. Here are in photos are a few of the other moments.
Same-sex couples demonstrate on the eve of the International Day Against Homophobia and Transphobia, a woldwide celebration of sexual and gender diversities, at the Plaza de Armas square in Asuncion on Friday.
Activists release balloons as they take part in a flash mob devoted IDAHOT in St. Petersburg on Saturday.
A couple kisses as they take part in the flash mob in St. Petersburg.
- World Goes Bonkers On Antigay Michigan Repairman
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps
- RuPaul's Drag Race's Max: I Made a 'Grave Mistake'
- Texas Dads Denied Surrogacy Services Because of Marriage Discrimination
- WATCH: Gay Dream Team of Michael Urie, Randy Harrison in Such Good People
- Prominent Queer Korean, Chicana Leader Killed in Her Atlanta Home