Democrat Tries to Win Votes By Spreading Rumor That GOP Congressman Is Gay
BY Lucas Grindley
October 19 2012 4:04 PM ET
A Democrat is spreading a rumor that his Republican opponent is secretly gay and heads up an army of gays in Congress.
Daniel Boman is challenging Alabama Rep. Robert Aderholt, who voted against repeal of "don't ask, don't tell" and against passage of the Matthew Shepard Hate Crimes Prevention Act. But on Facebook, Boman posed a question to his followers: "Who would you vote for?"
The first option, Boman said, is "A republican who is a homosexual who has a voting record of voting AGAINST ALL homosexual legislation." Plus, he said Aderholt "has ALL homosexuals working on his congressional staff."
Of course, Boman is the second option. He's a state representative, "A democrat who is a straight male, but has no voting record for or against homosexual legislation."
Boman told AL.com that he was merely pointing out the hypocritical voting record. Aderholt's campaign told AL.com their opponent was "making a fool of himself" but didn't address the accusations.
- Op-ed: What People Don't Get About Dismay Over Jared Leto
- Anne Rice Announces New Vampire Chronicles Novel
- Op-ed: In Boston, an Ugly St. Patrick's Day Tradition Continues
- The Striking Muxe: Mexico's Third Gender
- Trans Woman Sues CrossFit After Being Told to Compete in Men's Division
- WATCH: Gay Man's Grandfather Came Out to Him at 90 Years Old
- Print Issue The Striking Muxe: Mexico's Third Gender 51 min 54 sec ago
- Current Issue Editor’s Letter: April/May Issue 1 hour 51 min ago
- Parenting Is Mr. Peabody & Sherman About Adoption by Gays? 2 hours 53 min ago
- Media Former Fox Sportscaster Claims Anti-Antigay Discrimination March 10 2014 9:37 PM
- Women Lorde Takes Down Idiot DJ Who Implies She and Taylor Swift Are Lesbians March 10 2014 9:01 PM
- Women WATCH: Trailer for New Lesbian-Themed Series #Hashtag March 10 2014 7:54 PM
- Travel Sydney Mardi Gras: A Post-Mortem March 10 2014 7:47 PM