Democrat Tries to Win Votes By Spreading Rumor That GOP Congressman Is Gay
BY Lucas Grindley
October 19 2012 3:04 PM ET
A Democrat is spreading a rumor that his Republican opponent is secretly gay and heads up an army of gays in Congress.
Daniel Boman is challenging Alabama Rep. Robert Aderholt, who voted against repeal of "don't ask, don't tell" and against passage of the Matthew Shepard Hate Crimes Prevention Act. But on Facebook, Boman posed a question to his followers: "Who would you vote for?"
The first option, Boman said, is "A republican who is a homosexual who has a voting record of voting AGAINST ALL homosexual legislation." Plus, he said Aderholt "has ALL homosexuals working on his congressional staff."
Of course, Boman is the second option. He's a state representative, "A democrat who is a straight male, but has no voting record for or against homosexual legislation."
Boman told AL.com that he was merely pointing out the hypocritical voting record. Aderholt's campaign told AL.com their opponent was "making a fool of himself" but didn't address the accusations.
- Report: A&E CEO Suspended Robertson for Sake of Gay Employees
- VIDEO: Duck Dynasty Star Says Gay People are Evil Murderers
- Should PR Exec Be Fired for AIDS Tweet?
- LGBT Activist Goes Missing in Buffalo, Community Rallies
- Artist Spotlight: Best of Art, 2013
- The Advocate's Person of the Year: Pope Francis
- Travel PHOTOS: Amazing Gay Rodeo Exhibit in Indianapolis December 21 2013 6:34 PM
- Media Report: A&E CEO Suspended Robertson for Sake of Gay Employees December 21 2013 5:37 PM
- Media Should PR Exec Be Fired for AIDS Tweet? December 21 2013 3:03 PM
- Media VIDEO: Duck Dynasty Star Says Gay People are Evil Murderers December 21 2013 2:25 PM
- Business Lockheed Martin Cuts Off Money to Antigay Boy Scouts December 21 2013 1:10 PM
- Transgender LGBT Activist Goes Missing, Community Rallies December 21 2013 12:08 PM
- Transgender New Jersey Senate Passes Transgender Birth Certificate Bill December 21 2013 6:00 AM