Republican Defeats Antigay Democrat in Tennessee U.S. Senate Race
BY Trudy Ring
November 06 2012 9:32 PM ET
Republican Bob Corker, as expected, easily defeated antigay gadfly Democrat Mark Clayton in the U.S. Senate race in Tennessee.
While Corker, an incumbent, is no friend to LGBTs, with a 0 rating from the Human Rights Campaign, Clayton, who was disowned by his party after a surprise primary win, was perhaps even worse on our issues.
The Washington Post reported that his “policy ideas set him apart from many other Democrats: He is unusual in opposing abortion rights and same-sex marriage, but he’s downright exceptional in saying that the Transportation Security Administration ‘mandates [transsexuals] and homosexuals grabbing children in their stranger-danger zones.’”
Read more about him here.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Report: Couple Refuses Deal in Torture Case
- WATCH: Bianca Del Rio and Adore Delano Star in Starbucks' First LGBT Commercial
- 20 Touching, Funny, and Silly Twitter Reactions to Tim Cook's Coming-Out
- Tim Cook: Being Gay Has Helped Me Lead Apple
- WATCH: Meet the Gay Couple Who Challenged Singapore's Sodomy Ban