Republican Defeats Antigay Democrat in Tennessee U.S. Senate Race
BY Trudy Ring
November 06 2012 9:32 PM ET
Republican Bob Corker, as expected, easily defeated antigay gadfly Democrat Mark Clayton in the U.S. Senate race in Tennessee.
While Corker, an incumbent, is no friend to LGBTs, with a 0 rating from the Human Rights Campaign, Clayton, who was disowned by his party after a surprise primary win, was perhaps even worse on our issues.
The Washington Post reported that his “policy ideas set him apart from many other Democrats: He is unusual in opposing abortion rights and same-sex marriage, but he’s downright exceptional in saying that the Transportation Security Administration ‘mandates [transsexuals] and homosexuals grabbing children in their stranger-danger zones.’”
Read more about him here.
- Meet the 2013 Point Foundation Scholars
- Sen. Lisa Murkowski Endorses Marriage Equality
- Republican Wants Right to Fire LGBT Employees Who 'Work in a Tutu'
- Man Charged With Greenwich Village Murder Pleads Not Guilty
- WATCH: Trans Woman Attacked in Hollywood Hate Crime Speaks Out, Cops Offer Reward
- WATCH: Gay Marine Proposes to Boyfriend
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Marriage Equality Florida Group Aims to Build Marriage Equality Support 49 min 53 sec ago
- Women WATCH: The L Word's Kate Moennig in Ray Donovan Series Premiere 53 min 17 sec ago
- Crime Man Pleads Not Guilty to West Village Murder 1 hour 1 min ago
- Crime WATCH: Trans Woman Attacked in Hollywood Hate Crime Speaks Out 1 hour 16 min ago
- Politics This Man Wants to Fire LGBT Employees Who 'Work in a Tutu' 1 hour 30 min ago
- Music WATCH: 'Guess What?' Cazwell's New Video Is Hot! 1 hour 37 min ago
- Entertainment News Watch: Fox News' Most Anti-Trans Comments 1 hour 38 min ago