Republican Defeats Antigay Democrat in Tennessee U.S. Senate Race
BY Trudy Ring
November 06 2012 9:32 PM ET
Republican Bob Corker, as expected, easily defeated antigay gadfly Democrat Mark Clayton in the U.S. Senate race in Tennessee.
While Corker, an incumbent, is no friend to LGBTs, with a 0 rating from the Human Rights Campaign, Clayton, who was disowned by his party after a surprise primary win, was perhaps even worse on our issues.
The Washington Post reported that his “policy ideas set him apart from many other Democrats: He is unusual in opposing abortion rights and same-sex marriage, but he’s downright exceptional in saying that the Transportation Security Administration ‘mandates [transsexuals] and homosexuals grabbing children in their stranger-danger zones.’”
Read more about him here.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Lesbian Couple Allegedly Beaten After Kissing Outside Six Flags New England
- Freed From Iowa Jail, Black Trans Woman Meagan Taylor Speaks
- Straight Talk With Years & Years' Olly Alexander, the U.K.'s New Gay Pop Star
- He Said, She Said: Privilege Check On I Am Cait
- UFC Women's Champ Refuses to Fight Trans Athlete Fallon Fox