Republican Defeats Antigay Democrat in Tennessee U.S. Senate Race
BY Trudy Ring
November 06 2012 9:32 PM ET
Republican Bob Corker, as expected, easily defeated antigay gadfly Democrat Mark Clayton in the U.S. Senate race in Tennessee.
While Corker, an incumbent, is no friend to LGBTs, with a 0 rating from the Human Rights Campaign, Clayton, who was disowned by his party after a surprise primary win, was perhaps even worse on our issues.
The Washington Post reported that his “policy ideas set him apart from many other Democrats: He is unusual in opposing abortion rights and same-sex marriage, but he’s downright exceptional in saying that the Transportation Security Administration ‘mandates [transsexuals] and homosexuals grabbing children in their stranger-danger zones.’”
Read more about him here.
- WATCH: Ben Affleck and SNL Crew Go to Ex-Gay Camp
- Nintendo Will 'Fix' Bug That Allows Same-Sex Couples to Marry in Video Game
- Florida Teen Facing Sex Offender Charge For Consensual Same-Sex Relationship
- WATCH: The Cure for Gay Wedding-Related Depression
- The South's Longer Wait for Equality
- Same-Sex Kiss in Comic Inspired by Real-World Controversy
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Women Obama to Award Presidential Medal of Freedom to Sally Ride 23 min 31 sec ago
- Pride Turn It Way Up with Pride Beats 2013 24 min 42 sec ago
- Women WATCH: Robin Tyler's Rally Cry at Long Beach Dyke March 25 min 6 sec ago
- Television WATCH: Gay Character in Peril in New Teen Wolf Season 3 Trailer 1 hour 24 min ago
- Commentary Stop Acting Like I'm Dead Because I Have HIV 1 hour 38 min ago
- Entertainment News 'Turn Back Time' For Cher's Birthday 1 hour 51 min ago
- Women Texas Judge Says Lesbian Mom Can't Live With Partner and Keep Custody of Kids 1 hour 56 min ago