Diaz Tells Followers that NAACP Was Wrong to Endorse Same-Sex Marriage
BY Neal Broverman
May 25 2012 3:53 PM ET
New York state senator Ruben Diaz Sr., a vociferous voice against LGBT rights, is at it again, this time forwarding an incendiary article from the Catholic News Agency to his constituents and followers.
The article insinuates that all African-American faith leaders oppose the NAACP and President Obama endorsing same-sex marriage. The piece doesn't quote any supporters of marriage equality, only giving space for faith leaders like Pastor Derek McCoy, executive director of the Maryland Marriage Alliance, to trash gay families. McCoy says same-sex marriage will lead to an epidemic of "fatherless" families, possibly assuming that gay male couples will not parent children (which, obviously, is already happening all over the country).
Diaz is not quoted in the piece, but he thought the article was appropriate to send to his followers. The state senator, who represents parts of the Bronx, is virulently antigay and also opposes reproductive rights and stem cell research.
- Parenting Weekly Q&A With @GayAtHomeDad 52 min 24 sec ago
- Commentary Op-ed: The Lasting Impact of Out TV Teens on LGBT Youth 7:00 AM
- Current Issue Experts Predict: Iran Will Remain Deadly 6:01 AM
- Transgender How New Immigration Detention Guidelines Fail Trans Detainees 5:53 AM
- Travel Destination of the Week: Denmark March 13 2014 7:41 PM
- Women WATCH: Daughter Teaches Mom Lesbian Slang March 13 2014 7:27 PM
- Women What do the OINTB Season 2 Promo Pics Mean for the Ladies of Litchfield? March 13 2014 7:14 PM