Diaz Tells Followers that NAACP Was Wrong to Endorse Same-Sex Marriage
BY Neal Broverman
May 25 2012 2:53 PM ET
New York state senator Ruben Diaz Sr., a vociferous voice against LGBT rights, is at it again, this time forwarding an incendiary article from the Catholic News Agency to his constituents and followers.
The article insinuates that all African-American faith leaders oppose the NAACP and President Obama endorsing same-sex marriage. The piece doesn't quote any supporters of marriage equality, only giving space for faith leaders like Pastor Derek McCoy, executive director of the Maryland Marriage Alliance, to trash gay families. McCoy says same-sex marriage will lead to an epidemic of "fatherless" families, possibly assuming that gay male couples will not parent children (which, obviously, is already happening all over the country).
Diaz is not quoted in the piece, but he thought the article was appropriate to send to his followers. The state senator, who represents parts of the Bronx, is virulently antigay and also opposes reproductive rights and stem cell research.
- Buck Angel Shuts Down Transgender Surgery Fundraising Site
- Blogger: Salvation Army No Friend to LGBT Folks
- WATCH: Trailer for the Wachowskis' Jupiter Ascending Premieres Online
- 10 Snarky Quotes That Will Make You Miss Michael Kors on Project Runway
- PHOTOS: India's Supreme Court Reinstates Sodomy Ban
- The Many Faces of LGBT Family
- Women WATCH: Kim Stolz's Ridiculously Beautiful Wedding Video 4 min 22 sec ago
- Politics N.J. Legislature Could Enshrine Marriage Equality into State Law 21 min 27 sec ago
- Transgender Coalition Still Short in Bid to Repeal Calif. Trans Student Law 29 min 59 sec ago
- Religion Blogger: Salvation Army No Friend to LGBT Folks 55 min 3 sec ago
- Film WATCH: Trailer for the Wachowskis' Jupiter Ascending Premieres Online 58 min 3 sec ago
- Travel PHOTOS: Happy Gay People on Beaches 1 hour 31 min ago
- Media Michelle Malkin Sells Twitter Aggregator to Christian Media Company 1 hour 34 min ago