Maryland Pastor: Gays and Their Supporters Deserve Death
BY Neal Broverman
October 25 2012 12:21 PM ET
As Marylanders prepare to go to the polls November 6 to decide the fate of a marriage equality law, a pastor in the state has condemned couples in same-sex marriages to death — and their supporters as well.
"Those who practice such things are worthy of death," the Reverend Robert Anderson of Colonial Baptist Church in Randallstown, a Baltimore suburb, said at a town hall meeting last week. "If we don’t vote against it, then we are approving these things that are worthy of death." (See video below.)
Anderson refused to back down from his statements, telling NBC Washington his stance comes from the Bible. He added that those supporting same-sex marriage should also be sent to the gallows: “[Supporters] are promoting the lifestyle and they are promoting what same-sex marriage is all about, and that is what we are standing against.” Read more here.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- Freddy Krave Is His Own Best Model