Maryland Pastor: Gays and Their Supporters Deserve Death
BY Neal Broverman
October 25 2012 1:21 PM ET
As Marylanders prepare to go to the polls November 6 to decide the fate of a marriage equality law, a pastor in the state has condemned couples in same-sex marriages to death — and their supporters as well.
"Those who practice such things are worthy of death," the Reverend Robert Anderson of Colonial Baptist Church in Randallstown, a Baltimore suburb, said at a town hall meeting last week. "If we don’t vote against it, then we are approving these things that are worthy of death." (See video below.)
Anderson refused to back down from his statements, telling NBC Washington his stance comes from the Bible. He added that those supporting same-sex marriage should also be sent to the gallows: “[Supporters] are promoting the lifestyle and they are promoting what same-sex marriage is all about, and that is what we are standing against.” Read more here.
- Anne Rice Announces New Vampire Chronicles Novel
- Op-ed: What People Don't Get About Dismay Over Jared Leto
- Op-ed: In Boston, an Ugly St. Patrick's Day Tradition Continues
- Is Mr. Peabody & Sherman About Adoption by Gays?
- The A-List Interview: Chris O'Dowd
- Op-ed: Pope Francis: One Year In, Door Slightly Ajar for LGBT People
- Parenting Is Mr. Peabody & Sherman About Adoption by Gays? 56 min 10 sec ago
- Media Former Fox Sportscaster Claims Anti-Antigay Discrimination March 10 2014 9:37 PM
- Women Lorde Takes Down Idiot DJ Who Implies She and Taylor Swift Are Lesbians March 10 2014 9:01 PM
- Women WATCH: Trailer for New Lesbian-Themed Series #Hashtag March 10 2014 7:54 PM
- Travel Sydney Mardi Gras: A Post-Mortem March 10 2014 7:47 PM
- Marriage Equality WATCH: Marriage Equality Is an 'Extra Right,' Says Right-Wing Activist March 10 2014 7:44 PM
- Women Laurel Holloman Joins L Word Costars Leisha Hailey and Kate Moennig at Dinah! March 10 2014 6:22 PM