Maryland Pastor: Gays and Their Supporters Deserve Death
BY Neal Broverman
October 25 2012 12:21 PM ET
As Marylanders prepare to go to the polls November 6 to decide the fate of a marriage equality law, a pastor in the state has condemned couples in same-sex marriages to death — and their supporters as well.
"Those who practice such things are worthy of death," the Reverend Robert Anderson of Colonial Baptist Church in Randallstown, a Baltimore suburb, said at a town hall meeting last week. "If we don’t vote against it, then we are approving these things that are worthy of death." (See video below.)
Anderson refused to back down from his statements, telling NBC Washington his stance comes from the Bible. He added that those supporting same-sex marriage should also be sent to the gallows: “[Supporters] are promoting the lifestyle and they are promoting what same-sex marriage is all about, and that is what we are standing against.” Read more here.
- The Advocate's Person of the Year: Pope Francis
- Duck Dynasty Star Slams Sinful 'Homosexuals, Drunks, Terrorists'
- WATCH: Sexy Santas Want You to 'Get Enrolled' in Obamacare
- The Advocate's Person of the Year: 'Idiotic' or 'Important?'
- 29 Hot Gifts for the Homo Homebody
- Op-ed: Why LGBT Millennials Should Care About Adoption
- Marriage Equality Virginia AG Asks Court to Dismiss Marriage Ban Challenge 12 min 37 sec ago
- Health WATCH: Sexy Santas Want You to 'Get Enrolled' 1 hour 2 min ago
- Holiday Gifts for Everyone 29 Hot Gifts for the Homo Homebody UPDATED: 1 hour 9 min ago
- Style Meet Sexy German Designer Working With Alan Cumming & ARMANI 1 hour 35 min ago
- HIV & AIDS Consumer Reports Now Ranks HIV Meds 2 hours 20 min ago
- Music 10 Singles You May Have Missed This Year 2 hours 53 min ago
- Acceptance Matters Confronting the 'Glitter Mafia' 10:00 AM