8 Top Prospects for Expanding Marriage Equality
BY Julie Bolcer
November 20 2012 7:26 PM ET
Delaware: Advocates successfully aimed for the passage of civil unions legislation in 2011, but the surrounding landscape has quickly shifted to favor a marriage equality push in 2013. Voters in neighboring Maryland upheld the marriage equality law in a referendum, while Vice President Joe Biden, who hails from Delaware, nudged the national conversation – and President Obama –when he expressed his support in a television interview this past May. Governor Jack Markell has called the enactment of marriage equality in his state “inevitable.”
- Why Can't We Talk About Homophobia in the Black Community?
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- PHOTOS: International Mr. Leather Weekend
- Vatican Official Calls Irish Marriage Vote 'Defeat for Humanity'
- EXCLUSIVE: Watch the Official Trailer for 54: The Director's Cut
- WATCH: Out Musician Mika Shares Video for 'Good Guys,' a Bittersweet Homage to Gay Men