WATCH: Kentucky Minster Arrested After Marriage Equality Protest
BY Lucas Grindley
January 24 2013 10:00 AM ET
After applying for a marriage license and being turned down Wednesday, the Reverend Maurice "Bojangles" Blanchard and Dominique James refused to leave the Jefferson County clerk's office. They were eventually arrested when the office closed for the day.
Blanchard told the Louisville Courier-Journal that he and his partner refuse to be "silent accomplices to our own discrimination."
Watch an interview with the Baptist minister and see video of the protest below.
- From Jail, Kim Davis Still Refuses to Issue Marriage Licenses
- The Best (and Worst) Tweets About Kim Davis
- WATCH: Funny or Die Spoofs Kim Davis With Clerks and Recreation
- Op-ed: Kim Davis Deserves Criticism But Not for Her Looks
- Bus Driver Says Rainbow Decal Violates His Religious Freedom
- Mo. Trans Student's Bathroom Struggle Is History Repeating Itself