WATCH: A Simple Explanation of the Supreme Court's Possible Marriage Decisions
BY Daniel Villarreal
March 05 2013 2:31 PM ET
On March 26 and 27, the U.S. Supreme Court will hear oral arguments on two marriage equality cases: one challenging California's antigay Proposition 8 and another challenging the so-called Defense of Marriage Act.
In the video below, Jim Morrison — the host of HereTV's political analysis show, For and Against — explains the court's range of potential decisions in the cases. Morrison concludes that while DOMA will likely fall, it remains uncertain whether the court's ruling on Prop. 8 will affect only California, a handful of select states or the entire nation.
It's also no small secret that both marriage equality advocates and their opponents will protest at the Supreme Court as oral arguments get underway. The crowd sizes and sound bites that come out of each respective march will matter little to the justices hearing the arguments, but they will undoubtedly fuel pro and anti-marriage advocates as they continue fighting the war over public opinion.
You can also see more clips of Morrison on For and Against here. Watch the explanation below.
- Religion Archbishop of NY Applauds NFL Hopeful Michael Sam for Coming Out 2 hours 17 min ago
- Love and Sex Sexually Explicit Videos No Longer Allowed on Vine 1:06 PM
- Dance NYC Boylesque Fest Teases Return 6:00 AM
- Artist Spotlight Artist Spotlight: Taylor Smith 4:00 AM
- Women WATCH: Trans Man Has Vagina Pride March 07 2014 7:51 PM
- Hot Sheet Hot Sheet: History Boys March 07 2014 7:25 PM
- Marriage Equality Here's The Most Absurd Thing You Missed in Michigan's Marriage Equality Trial March 07 2014 7:20 PM