WATCH: A Simple Explanation of the Supreme Court's Possible Marriage Decisions
BY Daniel Villarreal
March 05 2013 2:31 PM ET
On March 26 and 27, the U.S. Supreme Court will hear oral arguments on two marriage equality cases: one challenging California's antigay Proposition 8 and another challenging the so-called Defense of Marriage Act.
In the video below, Jim Morrison — the host of HereTV's political analysis show, For and Against — explains the court's range of potential decisions in the cases. Morrison concludes that while DOMA will likely fall, it remains uncertain whether the court's ruling on Prop. 8 will affect only California, a handful of select states or the entire nation.
It's also no small secret that both marriage equality advocates and their opponents will protest at the Supreme Court as oral arguments get underway. The crowd sizes and sound bites that come out of each respective march will matter little to the justices hearing the arguments, but they will undoubtedly fuel pro and anti-marriage advocates as they continue fighting the war over public opinion.
You can also see more clips of Morrison on For and Against here. Watch the explanation below.
- Acceptance Matters Op-ed: Why I Filmed My Coming Out Journey 52 min 47 sec ago
- Acceptance Matters Op-ed: Love Starts With Acceptance 53 min 16 sec ago
- Year in Review 11 Great New Tech Gifts 53 min 30 sec ago
- Women WATCH: Lesbians Explain How Lesbians Have Sex - with Visual Aids! December 05 2013 7:57 PM
- Travel Why Travelers Love Palm Springs Airport December 05 2013 7:33 PM
- Travel Turkish Bazaar Opening on Vegas Strip December 05 2013 7:12 PM
- Women WATCH: Nurse: 3D is the Epic Lesbian Exploitation Hospital Thriller of the Year! December 05 2013 6:54 PM