WATCH: A Simple Explanation of the Supreme Court's Possible Marriage Decisions
BY Daniel Villarreal
March 05 2013 3:31 PM ET
On March 26 and 27, the U.S. Supreme Court will hear oral arguments on two marriage equality cases: one challenging California's antigay Proposition 8 and another challenging the so-called Defense of Marriage Act.
In the video below, Jim Morrison — the host of HereTV's political analysis show, For and Against — explains the court's range of potential decisions in the cases. Morrison concludes that while DOMA will likely fall, it remains uncertain whether the court's ruling on Prop. 8 will affect only California, a handful of select states or the entire nation.
It's also no small secret that both marriage equality advocates and their opponents will protest at the Supreme Court as oral arguments get underway. The crowd sizes and sound bites that come out of each respective march will matter little to the justices hearing the arguments, but they will undoubtedly fuel pro and anti-marriage advocates as they continue fighting the war over public opinion.
You can also see more clips of Morrison on For and Against here. Watch the explanation below.
- Filipino Archbishop Says Gay Men and Lesbians Can Marry — Each Other
- Op-ed: How Animated Shows Like Futurama Can Unite Us All
- PHOTOS: Marry Me in Maine
- Meet the 2013 Point Foundation Scholars
- President Obama Adresses LGBT Rights in Berlin Speech
- Republican Wants Right to Fire LGBT Employees Who 'Work in a Tutu'
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Religion Filipino Archbishop Says Gay Men and Lesbians Can Marry — Each Other 28 min 44 sec ago
- Travel Drag Racing in Jerusalem 1 hour 4 min ago
- Crime Police Seek Suspects Who Vandalized Chick-fil-A With Antigay Slurs 1 hour 6 min ago
- Women Martina Navratilova, Billie Jean King Among First Inductees to Gay and Lesbian Sports Hall of Fame 1 hour 33 min ago
- Entertainment News Dolce & Gabbana Sentenced To Jail 2 hours 4 min ago
- Politicians President Obama Adresses LGBT Rights in Berlin Speech 4:59 PM
- Entertainment News Should Brazil Legalize 'Conversion' Therapy? 3:42 PM