5 Inspiring Photos From the DOMA Hearing
BY Advocate.com Editors
March 27 2013 11:06 AM ET
Plaintiff Edie Windsor, an 83-year-old lesbian who was ordered to pay federal inheritance tax of $363,000 following the death of her partner of more than 40 years in 2009, arrives at the Supreme Court arm in arm with lawyer Roberta Kaplan. It was a triumphant moment because there was some worry her health would prevent Windsor from attending.
- Artist Spotlight: Roberta Marrero
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- LGBT People Are Driving an Upheaval in Video Games
- LSU Fraternity Faces Heat For Crass Michael Sam Banner
- I'm From Driftwood Presents: 'You're Bisexual? Then Why Not Choose To Be Normal?'
- WATCH: The 'Apparently' Kid Tells Ellen His New Favorite Word