5 Inspiring Photos From the DOMA Hearing
BY Advocate.com Editors
March 27 2013 11:06 AM ET
Plaintiff Edie Windsor, an 83-year-old lesbian who was ordered to pay federal inheritance tax of $363,000 following the death of her partner of more than 40 years in 2009, arrives at the Supreme Court arm in arm with lawyer Roberta Kaplan. It was a triumphant moment because there was some worry her health would prevent Windsor from attending.
- WATCH: Mississippi Clerk Refuses to Wed Gay Couples, Quits After 24 Years
- George Takei Takes on Clarence Thomas and Donald Trump (and Wins!)
- Girl Scouts Return $100K When Donor Demands It 'Not Be Used' For Trans Girls
- Will Marriage Equality Cause a Spike in Homeless LGBT Youth?
- Tennessee Hardware Store Puts Up 'No Gays Allowed' Sign
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality