5 Inspiring Photos From the DOMA Hearing
BY Advocate.com Editors
March 27 2013 11:06 AM ET
Plaintiff Edie Windsor, an 83-year-old lesbian who was ordered to pay federal inheritance tax of $363,000 following the death of her partner of more than 40 years in 2009, arrives at the Supreme Court arm in arm with lawyer Roberta Kaplan. It was a triumphant moment because there was some worry her health would prevent Windsor from attending.
- Kris Humphries Doesn't Support Bruce Jenner
- Check Out The Enormous Support for Bruce Jenner from Celebs on Twitter
- Bruce Jenner: 'I'm A Woman'
- Reba McEntire: First Time I Saw a Reba Drag Queen 'It Really Ticked Me Off'
- Ted Cruz/OUT NYC Fallout: Broadway Cares Cancels Benefit at Hotel
- Op-ed: Michfest's Founder Chose to Shut Down Rather Than Change With the Times