5 Inspiring Photos From the DOMA Hearing
BY Advocate.com Editors
March 27 2013 11:06 AM ET
Plaintiff Edie Windsor, an 83-year-old lesbian who was ordered to pay federal inheritance tax of $363,000 following the death of her partner of more than 40 years in 2009, arrives at the Supreme Court arm in arm with lawyer Roberta Kaplan. It was a triumphant moment because there was some worry her health would prevent Windsor from attending.
- Michael Sam Passed Over By Every NFL Team
- WATCH: 'Christian' Family's Terrifying Response to Son Coming Out
- WATCH: Teen From Disturbing Video Explains How It Started
- Cop Who Pushed Don Lemon in Ferguson Retires
- How Proud Is the Proud Whopper?
- WATCH: Dr. Drew Interviews Gay Teen Attacked by Christian Family