RNC Member Who Posted Antigay Facebook Rant Sponsored Anti-Marriage Equality Resolution
BY Sunnivie Brydum
April 14 2013 6:54 AM ET
Dave Agema, the Republican National Committee member and former Michigan state representative who has been roundly criticized for a recent antigay Facebook post, sponsored the RNC's resolution to define marriage as the union of one man and one woman, which passed unanimously at the Committee's annual meeting on Friday in Los Angeles.
MLive.com reports that Agema was a key sponsor of the resolution, which reaffirmed the party's platform position opposing marriage equality.
"I am pleased with our success in the face of unrelenting criticism from the left and want to thank national social conservative leaders who made their voices heard loud and clear in this process," Agema said in a release following Friday's vote. "I hope that we can all now move forward and talk about other issues … We have won the battle, and I will have nothing more to say on this matter."
Read more here.
- Travel First Same-Sex Couple to Wed at Roman Baths 28 min 28 sec ago
- Politics S.C. House Approves Budget Cuts to Colleges With LGBT Curricula 38 min 19 sec ago
- Travel Brooklyn-Bound Girls Bus Tour Being Floated 1 hour 4 min ago
- Sports Jason Collins Will Remain With Brooklyn Nets 1 hour 12 min ago
- Theater Adam Shankman to Helm Hair at Hollywood Bowl 1 hour 18 min ago
- Women Out Musician Soko On Being a Part of 'First Kiss' Viral Video 1 hour 23 min ago
- Arts & Entertainment EXCLUSIVE: Elton John's Las Vegas Performance of 'Benny and the Jets' 2 hours 16 min ago