RNC Member Who Posted Antigay Facebook Rant Sponsored Anti-Marriage Equality Resolution
BY Sunnivie Brydum
April 14 2013 6:54 AM ET
Dave Agema, the Republican National Committee member and former Michigan state representative who has been roundly criticized for a recent antigay Facebook post, sponsored the RNC's resolution to define marriage as the union of one man and one woman, which passed unanimously at the Committee's annual meeting on Friday in Los Angeles.
MLive.com reports that Agema was a key sponsor of the resolution, which reaffirmed the party's platform position opposing marriage equality.
"I am pleased with our success in the face of unrelenting criticism from the left and want to thank national social conservative leaders who made their voices heard loud and clear in this process," Agema said in a release following Friday's vote. "I hope that we can all now move forward and talk about other issues … We have won the battle, and I will have nothing more to say on this matter."
Read more here.
- UFC Women's Champ Refuses to Fight Trans Athlete Fallon Fox
- 60 Homoerotic Album Covers
- UFC Women's Champ: 'I Wouldn't Refuse' to Fight a Trans Athlete
- Straight Talk With Years & Years' Olly Alexander, the U.K.'s New Gay Pop Star
- Antigay Texas Attorney General Surrenders After Indictment
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers