RNC Member Who Posted Antigay Facebook Rant Sponsored Anti-Marriage Equality Resolution
BY Sunnivie Brydum
April 14 2013 6:54 AM ET
Dave Agema, the Republican National Committee member and former Michigan state representative who has been roundly criticized for a recent antigay Facebook post, sponsored the RNC's resolution to define marriage as the union of one man and one woman, which passed unanimously at the Committee's annual meeting on Friday in Los Angeles.
MLive.com reports that Agema was a key sponsor of the resolution, which reaffirmed the party's platform position opposing marriage equality.
"I am pleased with our success in the face of unrelenting criticism from the left and want to thank national social conservative leaders who made their voices heard loud and clear in this process," Agema said in a release following Friday's vote. "I hope that we can all now move forward and talk about other issues … We have won the battle, and I will have nothing more to say on this matter."
Read more here.
- The New 'Republicans Are People Too' Twitter Campaign Is An Epic Fail
- Ben Cohen's Jockstrap Benefits Gays
- Op-ed: Why Our Next Attorney General Should Be LGBT
- Everything You Need to Know So Far About Marriage Equality in Utah
- Facebook Apologizes for 'Real Name' Policy
- California Becomes First State to Ban Gay, Trans 'Panic' Defenses