WATCH: A Tale of Two Dads
BY Jase Peeples
June 15 2013 4:48 PM ET
Mark Maxwell and Tim Young, a gay couple from North Carolina, are foster parents to four young boys ranging between 13 to 24 years of age.
Though the two men have been together for more than 20 years, and were legally married in Washington D.C. earlier this year, they are currently unable to jointly adopt the boys under the laws of North Carolina because they are a same-sex couple.
Just in time for Father’s Day, the organizations Freedom To Marry and Campaign for Southern Equality have teamed up to tell this family’s story of love and perseverance in a touching new video promoting the marriage equality, “A Tale of Two Dads.”
- Religion Op-ed: Pope Francis: One Year In, Door Slightly Ajar for LGBT People 14 min 20 sec ago
- Travel Drag Race: NASCAR's Biggest Gay Fan on the Vegas Cup Race 16 min 30 sec ago
- Television Looking Back: Where Things Stand Heading Into Season 2 23 min 34 sec ago
- Art WATCH: Gay Man's Grandfather Came Out to Him at 90 Years Old 37 min 1 sec ago
- Television WATCH: The First Trailer for HBO's Adaptation of The Normal Heart 10:28 AM
- Comedy WATCH: 'Not Looking' Episode 1 10:23 AM
- Television Juliet Mills: Back to Nannying, With a Twist 10:00 AM