WATCH: A Tale of Two Dads
BY Jase Peeples
June 15 2013 4:48 PM ET
Mark Maxwell and Tim Young, a gay couple from North Carolina, are foster parents to four young boys ranging between 13 to 24 years of age.
Though the two men have been together for more than 20 years, and were legally married in Washington D.C. earlier this year, they are currently unable to jointly adopt the boys under the laws of North Carolina because they are a same-sex couple.
Just in time for Father’s Day, the organizations Freedom To Marry and Campaign for Southern Equality have teamed up to tell this family’s story of love and perseverance in a touching new video promoting the marriage equality, “A Tale of Two Dads.”
- One of the Original X-Men Comes Out as Gay (Spoilers)
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps
- Pa. Students Allegedly Throw 'Anti-Gay Day,' Write 'Lynch List'
- Op-ed: I Met My Best Friend on Grindr
- Op-ed: New Jersey's Most Antigay Teacher Shouldn't Have Her Job
- WATCH: The Weirdest Antigay Marriage Arguments Before the Supreme Court