For And Against: Supreme Court Ruling On DOMA and Prop 8
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 27 2013 4:49 PM ET
A key section of the Defense of Marriage Act is gone and Proposition 8 has been shot down. Yesterday was a great win for LGBT people, and it couldn't have come at a better time.
People were literally dancing in the streets. Rallies were attended, drinks were had. Couples were embracing with tears in their eyes. It was a special day for all. And with NYC Pride taking over the city this weekend, there is a lot to celebrate.
But the fight is far from over. We have come a long way, but there are still challenges we face.
Here TV's Jim Morrison examines what the ruling means for the LGBT community and what remains ahead in the road to equality.
- Comedian's Billboard Taunts Westboro Baptist Church in Topeka
- 7 Brave Campuses for LGBT Students in the South
- Michael Sam Passed Over By Every NFL Team
- WATCH: Gay Teen Explains What Bible Really Says
- Op-ed: In The Long Run, Michael Sam Being Cut Was About Homophobia
- WATCH: 'Christian' Family's Terrifying Response to Son Coming Out