For And Against: Supreme Court Ruling On DOMA and Prop 8
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 27 2013 3:49 PM ET
A key section of the Defense of Marriage Act is gone and Proposition 8 has been shot down. Yesterday was a great win for LGBT people, and it couldn't have come at a better time.
People were literally dancing in the streets. Rallies were attended, drinks were had. Couples were embracing with tears in their eyes. It was a special day for all. And with NYC Pride taking over the city this weekend, there is a lot to celebrate.
But the fight is far from over. We have come a long way, but there are still challenges we face.
Here TV's Jim Morrison examines what the ruling means for the LGBT community and what remains ahead in the road to equality.
- Buck Angel Shuts Down Transgender Surgery Fundraising Site
- 10 Snarky Quotes That Will Make You Miss Michael Kors on Project Runway
- Blogger: Salvation Army No Friend to LGBT Folks
- WATCH: Trailer for the Wachowskis' Jupiter Ascending Premieres Online
- PHOTOS: India's Supreme Court Reinstates Sodomy Ban
- The Many Faces of LGBT Family
- Entertainment News GQ Germany Features Famous Straight Men Kissing for Tolerance 7 min 30 sec ago
- Women WATCH: Kim Stolz's Ridiculously Beautiful Wedding Video 1 hour 1 min ago
- Politics N.J. Legislature Could Enshrine Marriage Equality into State Law 1 hour 18 min ago
- Transgender Coalition Still Short in Bid to Repeal Calif. Trans Student Law 1 hour 26 min ago
- Religion Blogger: Salvation Army No Friend to LGBT Folks 1 hour 51 min ago
- Film WATCH: Trailer for the Wachowskis' Jupiter Ascending Premieres Online 1 hour 54 min ago
- Travel PHOTOS: Happy Gay People on Beaches 2 hours 28 min ago