For And Against: Supreme Court Ruling On DOMA and Prop 8
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 27 2013 4:49 PM ET
A key section of the Defense of Marriage Act is gone and Proposition 8 has been shot down. Yesterday was a great win for LGBT people, and it couldn't have come at a better time.
People were literally dancing in the streets. Rallies were attended, drinks were had. Couples were embracing with tears in their eyes. It was a special day for all. And with NYC Pride taking over the city this weekend, there is a lot to celebrate.
But the fight is far from over. We have come a long way, but there are still challenges we face.
Here TV's Jim Morrison examines what the ruling means for the LGBT community and what remains ahead in the road to equality.
- Gallery of Geek: Yannick Tallarida
- Dan Savage Calls Out Duggar's 'Staggering' Family Values Hypocrisy
- Op-ed: I'm a Trans Man Who Doesn't 'Pass' — And You Shouldn't Either
- The Cities LGBTs Love And the Ones We Shun
- RuPaul Slays in New Video 'Modern Love'
- 11 Sweet Celebrity Tweets Celebrating Ireland's Marriage Equality Win