Antigay Pastor Claims LGBT Parents Are Like Toddlers Who Want to Drive Cars
BY Jase Peeples
October 26 2013 12:00 PM ET
A group of antigay protesters rallied in Springfield, Illinois earlier this week, to encourage lawmakers in the state to vote against legislation that would legalize marriage for same-sex couples. But before the antigay demonstration began, Fox News 32 sent a reporter to speak with a few of the protestors who were traveling to the rally from the small town of Dolton, Illinois. There, a local pastor compared same-sex couples seeking marriage equality with toddlers who want to drive cars after the reporter on site asked him what was wrong with LGBT couples who wished to marry and raise children.
"Well, we have five-year-olds who think they can drive cars, but the reality is, there’s a certain way that things are structured," the pastor told Fox 32. "There’s a male lion and a female lion. There’s a rooster and a chicken. And biology tells us what was ordained and for us to have this conversation while the state is 100 million dollars in debt, our nation is 16 trillion dollars in debt, we have children being murdered every day, and I think the politicians have a lot more on their table that need to be addressed other than what two adults do in their bedroom."
However, his last statement is at odds with an earlier comment he makes where he claims to be protesting marriage equality because, "Our nation is not built on the strength of its army or its finances, but what goes on in our living rooms, and family always has been and will always be the foundation and bedrock of society. And so we're gonna stand for what God ordained; it's one woman, one man. Every child needs a mom and a dad."
One minute this antigay pastor says it’s what goes on at home that makes the U.S. a great country and the next he says we have bigger issues to worry about than what’s happening in people’s bedrooms.
Watch the Fox 32 news segment below to see how this antigay marriage equality opponent is unable to connect his own arguments in a logical manner.
- WATCH: Mom Affirms Her Love in Son's Coming-Out Video
- Buck Angel Shuts Down Transgender Surgery Fundraising Site
- Wives Want To Know If Their Husbands Are Gay
- Op-ed: We're Here, We're Queer, We're Not Part of a Pair
- Defending Anti-LGBT Laws, Putin Slams 'Genderless, Fruitless Tolerance'
- WATCH: The Best of LGBT Chorus Holiday Music
- Women 17 Reasons to Swoon Over Androgynous Model Harmony Boucher December 12 2013 8:48 PM
- Travel WestJet Showers Fliers With Holiday Gifts December 12 2013 8:18 PM
- Television 5 Reasons to Plug In to Masters of Sex December 12 2013 7:22 PM
- Travel VIDEO: Travel Helps People Live Longer, Says Study December 12 2013 6:35 PM
- Music WATCH: Melissa Etheridge Debuts Song to Help Gay Russians December 12 2013 6:08 PM
- Religion WATCH: Lesbian Friend Might Convert Kids, Warns Robertson December 12 2013 6:03 PM
- Women 3 Gay Lady-Related Golden Globe Nominations that Make Us Happy! December 12 2013 4:20 PM