Antigay Pastor Claims LGBT Parents Are Like Toddlers Who Want to Drive Cars
BY Jase Peeples
October 26 2013 12:00 PM ET
A group of antigay protesters rallied in Springfield, Illinois earlier this week, to encourage lawmakers in the state to vote against legislation that would legalize marriage for same-sex couples. But before the antigay demonstration began, Fox News 32 sent a reporter to speak with a few of the protestors who were traveling to the rally from the small town of Dolton, Illinois. There, a local pastor compared same-sex couples seeking marriage equality with toddlers who want to drive cars after the reporter on site asked him what was wrong with LGBT couples who wished to marry and raise children.
"Well, we have five-year-olds who think they can drive cars, but the reality is, there’s a certain way that things are structured," the pastor told Fox 32. "There’s a male lion and a female lion. There’s a rooster and a chicken. And biology tells us what was ordained and for us to have this conversation while the state is 100 million dollars in debt, our nation is 16 trillion dollars in debt, we have children being murdered every day, and I think the politicians have a lot more on their table that need to be addressed other than what two adults do in their bedroom."
However, his last statement is at odds with an earlier comment he makes where he claims to be protesting marriage equality because, "Our nation is not built on the strength of its army or its finances, but what goes on in our living rooms, and family always has been and will always be the foundation and bedrock of society. And so we're gonna stand for what God ordained; it's one woman, one man. Every child needs a mom and a dad."
One minute this antigay pastor says it’s what goes on at home that makes the U.S. a great country and the next he says we have bigger issues to worry about than what’s happening in people’s bedrooms.
Watch the Fox 32 news segment below to see how this antigay marriage equality opponent is unable to connect his own arguments in a logical manner.
- Gay News, LGBT Rights, Politics, Entertainment | The Advocate
- New Celeb Couple: Dustin Lance Black and Tom Daley
- WATCH: Jared Leto on Avoiding Trans Character 'Cliché' for 'Dallas Buyers Club'
- Holiday Guide: Shop Here, Not There
- Bringing Diversity to the Digital Realm
- Op-ed: Straight Teen Girls Can Change the World
- Entertainment News Gay Men's Chorus of Los Angeles Performs Parody of Joe Boxer Christmas Ad 7 min 4 sec ago
- Women WATCH: Sara Gilbert on the Pressure for People Like Maria Bello to Come Out 25 min 47 sec ago
- Women Ms. Fit: A Lesbian-Friendly, Feminist Fitness Mag for All Women 55 min 54 sec ago
- Women Who Was Broadway Producer and Lesbian Cheryl Crawford? 1 hour 1 min ago
- Transgender How the Pacific Justice Institute Plans to Keep Demonizing Trans Kids 1 hour 12 min ago
- World News Russia's High Court: 'Gay Propaganda' Ban Is Constitutional 1 hour 21 min ago
- Entertainment News GBF's Michael J Willett Stripped Down to Cover of Natasha Bedingfield 1 hour 24 min ago