WATCH: The Moving First Gay Wedding At The Plaza
BY Sunnivie Brydum
March 08 2013 1:20 PM ET
In June 2012, Jason and Tony became the first same-sex couple to wed at New York City's opulent Plaza Hotel in its 106-year history, according to HotelChatter.com. The grooms tied the knot in true opulence, exchanging heartfelt vows with their children at their sides and celebrating with friends and family at one of New York's most sought-after wedding venues.
The priest opened the ceremony with an awkward but good-natured joke, saying, "Well, it's a little unusual for me to be the only one in white at one of these things!"
But aside from that, the wedding appears quite traditional, and it's clear that the grooms are desperately in love with one another, eager to formally recognize the family they had already created.
Watch the stunning, emotional wedding video, shot by John Armendariz of NewYorkFilmworks. But be warned — you'll likely need a tissue. This one's a tearjerker — even the ring bearer was in happy tears.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Travel PHOTOS: L.A.'s Favorite Park Reopens After $45M Renovation 2 hours 46 min ago
- Women WATCH: Lesbian-Themed Series Easy Abby Season Finale 8:16 PM
- Women Melissa Etheridge Says Angelina Jolie Made 'Fearful Choice' on Breast Cancer 6:46 PM
- Entertainment News NYC Gay Bar Gets Reality Show... 6:09 PM
- Women Duh: Ellen DeGeneres Is Still Most Recognizable Gay American 6:07 PM
- Sports Greg Louganis is Getting Married 6:06 PM
- Religion Gay Catholics Turn Their Backs to Cardinal Who Compared LGBT Equality to KKK 5:20 PM