WATCH: The Moving First Gay Wedding At The Plaza
BY Sunnivie Brydum
March 08 2013 1:20 PM ET
In June 2012, Jason and Tony became the first same-sex couple to wed at New York City's opulent Plaza Hotel in its 106-year history, according to HotelChatter.com. The grooms tied the knot in true opulence, exchanging heartfelt vows with their children at their sides and celebrating with friends and family at one of New York's most sought-after wedding venues.
The priest opened the ceremony with an awkward but good-natured joke, saying, "Well, it's a little unusual for me to be the only one in white at one of these things!"
But aside from that, the wedding appears quite traditional, and it's clear that the grooms are desperately in love with one another, eager to formally recognize the family they had already created.
Watch the stunning, emotional wedding video, shot by John Armendariz of NewYorkFilmworks. But be warned — you'll likely need a tissue. This one's a tearjerker — even the ring bearer was in happy tears.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Women WATCH: Sara Gilbert is a Lesbian Stereotype in Flannel and Birkenstocks 30 min 18 sec ago
- Women Lena Dunham Is NOT Amused By Lesbian Porn Parody of Girls 1 hour 11 min ago
- Music Gay Singer-Songwriter Deals with Heartbreak 1 hour 13 min ago
- Politics Obama Nominates Lesbian Attorney for Second EEOC Term 1 hour 14 min ago
- Theater New Play Criticizes Gay Minstrel Roles 1 hour 23 min ago
- Women Shot of the Day: WildFang's Tomboy Line Channels Androgynous Icons 1 hour 33 min ago
- Women WATCH: Real Lesbians Watch and Break Down 'Lesbian' Porn 1 hour 42 min ago