WATCH: The Moving First Gay Wedding At The Plaza
BY Sunnivie Brydum
March 08 2013 12:20 PM ET
In June 2012, Jason and Tony became the first same-sex couple to wed at New York City's opulent Plaza Hotel in its 106-year history, according to HotelChatter.com. The grooms tied the knot in true opulence, exchanging heartfelt vows with their children at their sides and celebrating with friends and family at one of New York's most sought-after wedding venues.
The priest opened the ceremony with an awkward but good-natured joke, saying, "Well, it's a little unusual for me to be the only one in white at one of these things!"
But aside from that, the wedding appears quite traditional, and it's clear that the grooms are desperately in love with one another, eager to formally recognize the family they had already created.
Watch the stunning, emotional wedding video, shot by John Armendariz of NewYorkFilmworks. But be warned — you'll likely need a tissue. This one's a tearjerker — even the ring bearer was in happy tears.
- WATCH: Elton John Slams 'Inhumane, Isolating' Anti-LGBT Laws In Russia
- WATCH: What Do These Gay Hockey Players Want for Christmas?
- Colo. Bakery's Refusal to Bake Gay Wedding Cake Is Discrimination, Judge Rules
- Hot Sheet: Hark the Herald Angel Swings
- In the Galleries: Transformer
- WATCH: Ben Affleck and SNL Crew Go to Ex-Gay Camp
- Entertainment News Macklemore & Ryan Lewis Score 7 Grammy Nominations 1 hour 5 min ago
- Marriage Equality Washington's Weddings Were 17 Percent Gay Last Year 8:00 AM
- Marriage Equality Colo. Bakery's Refusal to Bake Gay Wedding Cake Is Discrimination 7:00 AM
- Art In the Galleries: Transformer 4:00 AM
- Politics WATCH: Elton John Slams Russia's Anti-LGBT Laws Onstage December 06 2013 8:40 PM
- Women American Horror Story: Coven -- Ritual Witch-ual December 06 2013 8:30 PM
- Travel Wanna Win a Wedding in West Hollywood? December 06 2013 7:26 PM