WATCH: The Moving First Gay Wedding At The Plaza
BY Sunnivie Brydum
March 08 2013 1:20 PM ET
In June 2012, Jason and Tony became the first same-sex couple to wed at New York City's opulent Plaza Hotel in its 106-year history, according to HotelChatter.com. The grooms tied the knot in true opulence, exchanging heartfelt vows with their children at their sides and celebrating with friends and family at one of New York's most sought-after wedding venues.
The priest opened the ceremony with an awkward but good-natured joke, saying, "Well, it's a little unusual for me to be the only one in white at one of these things!"
But aside from that, the wedding appears quite traditional, and it's clear that the grooms are desperately in love with one another, eager to formally recognize the family they had already created.
Watch the stunning, emotional wedding video, shot by John Armendariz of NewYorkFilmworks. But be warned — you'll likely need a tissue. This one's a tearjerker — even the ring bearer was in happy tears.
- Theater Injury Sidelines Christopher Sieber in Matilda 5:00 AM
- Artist Spotlight Artist Spotlight: Hernan Marina 4:00 AM
- Hot Sheet Hot Sheet: A New Quiver March 14 2014 7:30 PM
- Travel State Department: Russia is Dangerous for All Americans March 14 2014 6:55 PM
- Women The 31 Most Eligible Out Women of 2014 March 14 2014 6:41 PM
- Marriage Equality Judge: Tenn. Must Recognize Three Same-Sex Marriages March 14 2014 6:39 PM
- Film Is Terence Davies' The Long Day Closes the Greatest Gay Film Ever Made? March 14 2014 5:30 PM