Gender-Variant Model Featured in Sexy Toyota Commercial
BY Sunnivie Brydum
August 22 2012 5:30 PM ET
A sultry new commercial for the Toyota Auris airing in Japan features 19-year-old gender-variant Ukranian model Stav Strashko. The head-turning ad features Strashko strutting towards the Auris (marketed as the Corolla in in the U.S.) as the camera pans up his slender gams and shows off his delicate red panties. As the camera pulls back to reveal both the car and Strashko's body, viewers get an eyeful of Strashko's naked — and flat — chest.
The tagline in Japanese at the end of the commercial reads "[Turn your] Ass toward common sense."
While some outlets are reporting that Strashko is transgender, on his personal Tumblr page Strashko uses male pronouns and says he identifies as male.
"I realized that I was androgynous when I began to model," Strashko says in a magazine article posted on his Tumblr. "I get mistaken for a girl all the time, and I'm used to it now. Usually when people talk to me they soon realize I'm a boy, but sometimes people just keep treating me as a girl, not realizing who I really am."
Strashko, who was born in Ukraine, currently lives and works in Tel Aviv, Israel. He has appeared in music videos and magazine spreads, and is represented by Elinor Shahar Personal Management.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- WATCH: Obama Bundler, HRC Founder Terry Bean Arrested on Sex Crimes Charges
- Op-ed: How Gay Genius Alan Turing Got Me Through Middle School
- Robbie Rogers's Memoir Kicks Around Depression, Redemption, And Coming Out
- Op-ed: Why I Quit My Job at the United Nations
- Transgender Pioneer and Stone Butch Blues Author Leslie Feinberg Has Died