Department of Defense to Celebrate Pride Month
BY Michelle Garcia
June 14 2012 6:29 PM ET
The Pentagon will organize its first-ever event to celebrate LGBT Pride Month, less than a year after the military ended its ban on openly gay, lesbian, and bisexual service members.
Officials did not give the Associated Press complete details on the event, but said it would be similar to other celebrations honoring racial or ethnic group. Defense Secretary Leon Panetta expressed his interest in recognizing gay and lesbian troops, specifically during Pride Month, which President Barack Obama declared June 1.
- Duggar Show Pulled From TLC Schedule, Could Be Canceled
- The Cities LGBTs Love And the Ones We Shun
- #TBT: The Battle for the Bulge
- New Orleans Mayor Counters Jindal's Order With One of Acceptance for All
- 25 Unforgettable Gay TV Kisses
- WATCH: Oregon Gov. Emotionally Signs Conversion Therapy Ban Into Law