Prince Harry Saved Fellow Soldier From Antigay Attack
BY Michelle Garcia
June 09 2013 12:45 PM ET
Gay British Lance Corporal James Wharton said his fellow soldier, Prince Harry, came to his defense when six other soldiers verbally harassed him and threatened to beat him.
Wharton went to Harry, who was his tank commander, to report the 2008 incident, according to the Daily Mail.
Harry confronted the other soldiers and then reported the incident to a senior officer.
"I told him, 'I think I'm going to be murdered by the infantry.'I climbed into the turret and talked Harry through exactly what had happened," Wharton wrote. "He had a complete look of bewilderment on his face. I couldn't stop the tears from welling up in my eyes. He said, 'Right, I'm going to sort this shit out once and for all.' He climbed out of the tank and I poked my head out of the turret a few moments later to see him having a go."
Wharton's new book, Out In The Army, chronicles his life in the military, as well as details of his camaraderie with Prince Harry.
- Women WATCH: Trans Man Has Vagina Pride March 07 2014 7:51 PM
- Hot Sheet Hot Sheet: History Boys March 07 2014 7:25 PM
- Marriage Equality Here's The Most Absurd Thing You Missed in Michigan's Marriage Equality Trial March 07 2014 7:20 PM
- Uganda As Aid Cuts Continue, Ugandan Officials Not Concerned March 07 2014 6:57 PM
- Religion Fired Gay Administrator Sues Wash. Catholic School March 07 2014 6:55 PM
- Women Who the F Is … California Politico Toni Atkins? March 07 2014 5:53 PM
- Women Op-ed: Why We Need International Women's Day March 07 2014 5:49 PM