Poll Shows Tammy Baldwin Inching Closer to Senate Victory
BY Neal Broverman
September 17 2012 2:16 PM ET
Tammy Baldwin now has a three point lead over her GOP challenger in the battle to win one of Wisconsin's Senate seats, according to a poll sponsored by a Democratic political action committee.
The Democracy for America poll, which queried nearly 1,000 people last week, showed Baldwin leading Tommy Thompson, a former Republican governor of Wisconsin. The poll also showed Thompson's favoribility numbers dropping, with 53% of voters reporting a negative view of him.
Should Baldwin win in November, she would be the first LGBT person to serve in the U.S. Senate.
- Television WATCH: The First Trailer for HBO's Adaptation of The Normal Heart 59 min 29 sec ago
- Comedy WATCH: 'Not Looking' Episode 1 1 hour 4 min ago
- Television Juliet Mills: Back to Nannying, With a Twist 1 hour 27 min ago
- Commentary What People Don't Get About Dismay Over Jared Leto 2 hours 12 min ago
- Film Why Television Is Outpacing Film in Diversity 7:00 AM
- Current Issue A Letter to My Partners 6:01 AM
- Current Issue Number Crunch: A Church in Crisis 5:00 AM