Poll Shows Tammy Baldwin Inching Closer to Senate Victory
BY Neal Broverman
September 17 2012 2:16 PM ET
Tammy Baldwin now has a three point lead over her GOP challenger in the battle to win one of Wisconsin's Senate seats, according to a poll sponsored by a Democratic political action committee.
The Democracy for America poll, which queried nearly 1,000 people last week, showed Baldwin leading Tommy Thompson, a former Republican governor of Wisconsin. The poll also showed Thompson's favoribility numbers dropping, with 53% of voters reporting a negative view of him.
Should Baldwin win in November, she would be the first LGBT person to serve in the U.S. Senate.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Gallery of Geek: Yannick Tallarida
- Eurovision Winner Who Called Gays an 'Abnormality' Changes Tune
- Dan Savage Calls Out Duggar's 'Staggering' Family Values Hypocrisy
- Op-ed: I'm a Trans Man Who Doesn't 'Pass' — And You Shouldn't Either
- The Cities LGBTs Love And the Ones We Shun