Poll Shows Tammy Baldwin Inching Closer to Senate Victory
BY Neal Broverman
September 17 2012 2:16 PM ET
Tammy Baldwin now has a three point lead over her GOP challenger in the battle to win one of Wisconsin's Senate seats, according to a poll sponsored by a Democratic political action committee.
The Democracy for America poll, which queried nearly 1,000 people last week, showed Baldwin leading Tommy Thompson, a former Republican governor of Wisconsin. The poll also showed Thompson's favoribility numbers dropping, with 53% of voters reporting a negative view of him.
Should Baldwin win in November, she would be the first LGBT person to serve in the U.S. Senate.
- #TBT: Hollywood Hunks Laid Bare: 1920s-1930s
- Thousands Rally in S.C. to 'Stand With God' Against Marriage Equality
- PHOTOS: Equality Advocates Picket Antigay Kentucky Clerk
- 60 Music Videos That Raised LGBT Visibility
- Lesbian Feminist Cathy Brennan Sues AfterEllen for Defamation
- WATCH: Is CNN Coverage of Virginia Gunman Homophobic?