Poll Shows Tammy Baldwin Inching Closer to Senate Victory
BY Neal Broverman
September 17 2012 2:16 PM ET
Tammy Baldwin now has a three point lead over her GOP challenger in the battle to win one of Wisconsin's Senate seats, according to a poll sponsored by a Democratic political action committee.
The Democracy for America poll, which queried nearly 1,000 people last week, showed Baldwin leading Tommy Thompson, a former Republican governor of Wisconsin. The poll also showed Thompson's favoribility numbers dropping, with 53% of voters reporting a negative view of him.
Should Baldwin win in November, she would be the first LGBT person to serve in the U.S. Senate.
- WATCH: Gay Teen Explains What Bible Really Says
- Michael Sam Passed Over By Every NFL Team
- 7 Brave Campuses for LGBT Students in the South
- WATCH: 'Christian' Family's Terrifying Response to Son Coming Out
- Op-ed: In The Long Run, Michael Sam Being Cut Was About Homophobia
- Op-ed: HIV Is No Longer A Death Sentence But It Still Isn't Easy