Poll Shows Tammy Baldwin Inching Closer to Senate Victory
BY Neal Broverman
September 17 2012 1:16 PM ET
Tammy Baldwin now has a three point lead over her GOP challenger in the battle to win one of Wisconsin's Senate seats, according to a poll sponsored by a Democratic political action committee.
The Democracy for America poll, which queried nearly 1,000 people last week, showed Baldwin leading Tommy Thompson, a former Republican governor of Wisconsin. The poll also showed Thompson's favoribility numbers dropping, with 53% of voters reporting a negative view of him.
Should Baldwin win in November, she would be the first LGBT person to serve in the U.S. Senate.
- Don't Miss the Message in Rome's Beautiful Christmas Lights
- Colo. School Board Member Denies Existence of Gay, Trans Identities
- Gay Teacher Fired After Obtaining Marriage License
- WATCH: Pastor Rick Warren's Orwellian 'Doublespeak' on Marriage Equality
- Colo. Bakery's Refusal to Bake Gay Wedding Cake Is Discrimination, Judge Rules
- Op-ed: Why I Filmed My Coming Out Journey
- Marriage Equality Gay Teacher Fired After Obtaining Marriage License 11 min 23 sec ago
- Music A Brief History of Macklemore's 'Same Love' 9:10 AM
- Transgender Gay, Trans Identities Don't Exist, Says Colo. School Board Member 7:00 AM
- World News PHOTOS: Don't Miss the Message in Rome's Beautiful New Lights 1:47 AM
- Travel Wedding Bells Ring Down Under December 07 2013 3:33 PM
- Religion WATCH: Rick Warren's 'Doublespeak' on Marriage Equality December 07 2013 3:32 PM
- Entertainment News Macklemore & Ryan Lewis Score 7 Grammy Nominations December 07 2013 1:32 PM