The History of Prop 8
BY Jase Peeples
June 16 2013 8:00 AM ET
With the U.S. Supreme Court expected to rule on the constitutionality of both Proposition 8 and DOMA before the end of the month, the American Foundation for Equal Rights, which brought the Prop. 8 case known as Hollingsworth v. Perry to trial, has produced a video that traces the case ofCalifornia’s same-sex marriage ban from the beginning.
The result is a moving look back at the history of a defining case in the battle to attain full federal marriage equality for same-sex couples.
- Op-ed: 'Religious Discrimination' Laws Have Nothing to Do With Religion
- Indiana Newspaper Sends Big Message
- Subaru Comes Out Against Indiana's 'License to Discriminate'
- Gov. Mike Pence: 'This Is a Perception Problem'
- Op-ed: Angelina Jolie's Choice Bolsters the Trans Argument
- Is This Photo Proof Mike Pence Knew RFRA Discriminates Against LGBTs?