The History of Prop 8
BY Jase Peeples
June 16 2013 8:00 AM ET
With the U.S. Supreme Court expected to rule on the constitutionality of both Proposition 8 and DOMA before the end of the month, the American Foundation for Equal Rights, which brought the Prop. 8 case known as Hollingsworth v. Perry to trial, has produced a video that traces the case ofCalifornia’s same-sex marriage ban from the beginning.
The result is a moving look back at the history of a defining case in the battle to attain full federal marriage equality for same-sex couples.
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Gay Wedding Advice for Gays and Straights
- Op-ed: What Happened When President Obama Met Two Trans Service Members
- PHOTOS: Toronto Shows Off Its Pride
- Ted Cruz and the Fallout for Fire Island
- Amber Heard: 'I Don't Want to Have to Deny My Sexuality in Order to Be Me'