The History of Prop 8
BY Jase Peeples
June 16 2013 7:00 AM ET
With the U.S. Supreme Court expected to rule on the constitutionality of both Proposition 8 and DOMA before the end of the month, the American Foundation for Equal Rights, which brought the Prop. 8 case known as Hollingsworth v. Perry to trial, has produced a video that traces the case ofCalifornia’s same-sex marriage ban from the beginning.
The result is a moving look back at the history of a defining case in the battle to attain full federal marriage equality for same-sex couples.
- Texas Marriage Plaintiffs: Lift Ban Immediately
- Op-ed: How Gay Genius Alan Turing Got Me Through Middle School
- WATCH: Pastor Gets a Taste of His 'Sodomite Semen' Lattes By Sharing Parody Video
- Hollywood Chick-fil-A Hosts LGBT Fundraiser
- These 48 Trans Women and Men Changed the World
- Transgender Pioneer and Stone Butch Blues Author Leslie Feinberg Has Died