The History of Prop 8
BY Jase Peeples
June 16 2013 8:00 AM ET
With the U.S. Supreme Court expected to rule on the constitutionality of both Proposition 8 and DOMA before the end of the month, the American Foundation for Equal Rights, which brought the Prop. 8 case known as Hollingsworth v. Perry to trial, has produced a video that traces the case ofCalifornia’s same-sex marriage ban from the beginning.
The result is a moving look back at the history of a defining case in the battle to attain full federal marriage equality for same-sex couples.
- Kris Humphries Doesn't Support Bruce Jenner
- Check Out The Enormous Support for Bruce Jenner from Celebs on Twitter
- Bruce Jenner: 'I'm A Woman'
- Reba McEntire: First Time I Saw a Reba Drag Queen 'It Really Ticked Me Off'
- Ted Cruz/OUT NYC Fallout: Broadway Cares Cancels Benefit at Hotel
- Op-ed: Michfest's Founder Chose to Shut Down Rather Than Change With the Times
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet