The History of Prop 8
BY Jase Peeples
June 16 2013 8:00 AM ET
With the U.S. Supreme Court expected to rule on the constitutionality of both Proposition 8 and DOMA before the end of the month, the American Foundation for Equal Rights, which brought the Prop. 8 case known as Hollingsworth v. Perry to trial, has produced a video that traces the case ofCalifornia’s same-sex marriage ban from the beginning.
The result is a moving look back at the history of a defining case in the battle to attain full federal marriage equality for same-sex couples.
- Pride at Work Tells HRC: ‘Enough Is Enough’
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- WATCH: Antigay Ky. Clerk Inadvertently Married This Queer Couple
- WATCH: How This 12-Year-Old Lacrosse Player Found His Courage
- 60 Music Videos That Raised LGBT Visibility
- Artist Spotlight: Jamil Hellu