Fischer: With ENDA, 'Flaming' Gays Will Sue Christian Businesses
BY Neal Broverman
January 06 2013 12:24 PM ET
The American Family Association's Bryan Fischer took his wingnuttery a bit far on Friday, claiming on his radio show that the proposed Employment Nondiscrimination Act will lead to "flaming homosexuals" storming Christian bookstores and demanding jobs.
"Once [ENDA] goes into effect, which says that no business can discriminate against anybody no matter how bizarre their sexual perversity is, their sexual deviancy is, no matter how abnormal their sexual orientation is, you cannot take that into account in personnel decisions..." If the law goes into effect, "the homosexual lobby will send a flaming homosexual into that Christian bookstore to apply for a job. They'll send a guy in there wearing stillettos, a dress, and dangly earrings and dare the owner of that Christian bookstore not to hire him."
Fischer also saves some ire for Congressman and former Republican vice presidential candidate Paul Ryan, who supports ENDA.
"This is a horrible bill for a social conservative to support since it would mean the absolute end of religious liberty and freedom of association in the marketplace," Fischer says. "It would, in other words, gut the First Amendment... In fact, ENDA would repressent the return of Jim Crow laws."
Gay people can be legally fired in 29 states, while transgender workers can be sacked in 34.
- Colo. Bakery's Refusal to Bake Gay Wedding Cake Is Discrimination, Judge Rules
- In the Galleries: Transformer
- WATCH: Elton John Slams 'Inhumane, Isolating' Anti-LGBT Laws In Russia
- Op-ed: Why I Filmed My Coming Out Journey
- WATCH: What Do These Gay Hockey Players Want for Christmas?
- WATCH: Ben Affleck and SNL Crew Go to Ex-Gay Camp
- Marriage Equality Washington's Weddings Were 17 Percent Gay Last Year 1 hour 55 min ago
- Marriage Equality Colo. Bakery's Refusal to Bake Gay Wedding Cake Is Discrimination 2 hours 55 min ago
- Art In the Galleries: Transformer 4:00 AM
- Politics WATCH: Elton John Slams Russia's Anti-LGBT Laws Onstage December 06 2013 8:40 PM
- Women American Horror Story: Coven -- Ritual Witch-ual December 06 2013 8:30 PM
- Travel Wanna Win a Wedding in West Hollywood? December 06 2013 7:26 PM
- Election Nebraska Republican Vying for Mantle as Most Antigay in Primary December 06 2013 6:53 PM