Fischer: With ENDA, 'Flaming' Gays Will Sue Christian Businesses
BY Neal Broverman
January 06 2013 1:24 PM ET
The American Family Association's Bryan Fischer took his wingnuttery a bit far on Friday, claiming on his radio show that the proposed Employment Nondiscrimination Act will lead to "flaming homosexuals" storming Christian bookstores and demanding jobs.
"Once [ENDA] goes into effect, which says that no business can discriminate against anybody no matter how bizarre their sexual perversity is, their sexual deviancy is, no matter how abnormal their sexual orientation is, you cannot take that into account in personnel decisions..." If the law goes into effect, "the homosexual lobby will send a flaming homosexual into that Christian bookstore to apply for a job. They'll send a guy in there wearing stillettos, a dress, and dangly earrings and dare the owner of that Christian bookstore not to hire him."
Fischer also saves some ire for Congressman and former Republican vice presidential candidate Paul Ryan, who supports ENDA.
"This is a horrible bill for a social conservative to support since it would mean the absolute end of religious liberty and freedom of association in the marketplace," Fischer says. "It would, in other words, gut the First Amendment... In fact, ENDA would repressent the return of Jim Crow laws."
Gay people can be legally fired in 29 states, while transgender workers can be sacked in 34.
- The Striking Muxe: Mexico's Third Gender
- Gay Tenn. 12-Year-Old Still Fighting the ‘Don’t Say Gay’ Bill He Helped Kill
- Game of Thrones Actor Kristian Nairn Reveals He's Gay
- WATCH: Honey Maid's Newest Commercial Features Gay Families
- Op-ed: What People Don't Get About Dismay Over Jared Leto
- Trans Woman Sues CrossFit After Being Told to Compete in Men's Division
- Media Chicago Monthly Paper Threatens to Out Aldermen 41 min 56 sec ago
- Travel VIDEO: George Takei at Austin's SXSW Festival 2 hours 4 min ago
- Women WATCH: Bisexuality v. Pansexuality - We Discuss the Difference 2 hours 20 min ago
- Television WATCH: Honey Maid's Newest Commercial Features Gay Families 2 hours 37 min ago
- Women 5 Things That Pissed Us Off This Week: Homegrown Homophobia 2 hours 55 min ago
- Religion Far-Right Minister: Gays Responsible for Ukraine Crisis 2 hours 57 min ago
- Travel Copenhagen: The Gayest Place in 2014 5:55 PM