Fischer: With ENDA, 'Flaming' Gays Will Sue Christian Businesses
BY Neal Broverman
January 06 2013 1:24 PM ET
The American Family Association's Bryan Fischer took his wingnuttery a bit far on Friday, claiming on his radio show that the proposed Employment Nondiscrimination Act will lead to "flaming homosexuals" storming Christian bookstores and demanding jobs.
"Once [ENDA] goes into effect, which says that no business can discriminate against anybody no matter how bizarre their sexual perversity is, their sexual deviancy is, no matter how abnormal their sexual orientation is, you cannot take that into account in personnel decisions..." If the law goes into effect, "the homosexual lobby will send a flaming homosexual into that Christian bookstore to apply for a job. They'll send a guy in there wearing stillettos, a dress, and dangly earrings and dare the owner of that Christian bookstore not to hire him."
Fischer also saves some ire for Congressman and former Republican vice presidential candidate Paul Ryan, who supports ENDA.
"This is a horrible bill for a social conservative to support since it would mean the absolute end of religious liberty and freedom of association in the marketplace," Fischer says. "It would, in other words, gut the First Amendment... In fact, ENDA would repressent the return of Jim Crow laws."
Gay people can be legally fired in 29 states, while transgender workers can be sacked in 34.
- Multiple Attacks on Gay Men in NYC, Hours After Rally
- Porn Star Wilfried Knight Commits Suicide After Long Battle With Immigration
- French Marriage Equality Opponent Commits Suicide at Notre Dame
- Peace Corps Recognizes, Respects Same-Sex Couples
- Op-ed: Adopting the T in LGBT
- Schumer Admits Reason He Left Gays Out of Immigration 'Provides Little Comfort'
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Current Issue We Love Liberace Now Even More Than 30 Years Ago 27 min ago
- Sports Water Polo Player Addresses WeHo City Council in Speedo May 22 2013 10:00 PM
- Comics and Graphic Novels This Gay Superhero Comic Is So Super Duper May 22 2013 9:00 PM
- The End of Bullying Could Video Games Be a Cure for Anti-LGBT Bullying? May 22 2013 8:15 PM
- Women Kaitlyn Hunt's Lawyer: Possible Plea Deal, But No Felony For Same-Sex High School Relationship May 22 2013 7:03 PM
- Military Donald Rumsfeld Isn't Sure, But Marriage Equality Might Lead to Polygamy May 22 2013 7:01 PM
- Internet WATCH: The First AIDS Generation in Giant Town Hall May 22 2013 6:16 PM