Christian Couple Refuse to Tip Gay Waiter, Leave Hateful Note Instead
BY Jase Peeples
October 25 2013 5:17 PM ET
After providing excellent service to a couple who dined in his section, a 20-year-old gay waiter at Carrabba's Italian Grill in Overland Park, Kan., found a hateful message left for him in lieu of a tip, reports The New Civil Rights Movement.
The note read: “Thank you for your service, it was excellent. That being said, we cannot in good conscience tip you, for your homosexual lifestyle is an affront to God. Queers do not share in the wealth of God, and you will not share in ours. We hope you will see the tip your fag choices made you lose out on, and plan accordingly. It is never too late for God's love, but none shall be spared for fags. May God have mercy on you.”
But the couple's cruel intentions appear to have backfired, as their hateful message has caused several locals to rally around the young waiter. A string of supporters have shown up at the restaurant since hearing the news and specifically request to be seated in the mistreated waiter’s section.
One such supporter is Dr. Marvin Baker, a former pastor who now leads a Bible study group for LGBT members in the area. Baker and his partner made a point to dine at the Carrabba’s after hearing of the infamous note. "I was angry. I said this is not Christian as I know it," Baker told KCTV. "God really loves us. And God does not advertise or promote hate. That is not love."
Both the server and his mother, who also works at the restaurant as a hostess, declined to comment on the note left by the so-called Christian couple, but in this case one random act of hate has spurred many more of kindness.
Watch the full KCTV report below.
- Op-ed: Two and a Half Men Introduces Trans Character, Manages to Stay Respectful
- WATCH: The Best of LGBT Chorus Holiday Music
- WATCH: Obama Invokes LGBT Rights in Mandela Eulogy
- Salvation Army 'Does Not Consider Homosexual Orientation a Sin'
- PHOTOS: We Asked The Stars, Who Is Your Hero?
- Russia Expert to Offer Political Commentary During Olympics
- Day in LGBT America The Many Faces of LGBT Family 24 min 51 sec ago
- Comedy Meet the Lesbian Who Won a Comedy Cage Match 25 min 15 sec ago
- Women Emily Rios' Lesbian Character on The Bridge Upped to Series Regular December 10 2013 8:47 PM
- Media Russia Expert to Offer Political Commentary During Olympics December 10 2013 7:56 PM
- Travel In-Flight Cellphone Conversations: Dream or Nightmare? December 10 2013 7:48 PM
- Politics New Gay U.S. Ambassador Meets With Dominican President December 10 2013 7:08 PM
- Latest News NBC To Spotlight Russia’s Human Rights Abuses During Olympics December 10 2013 6:11 PM