WATCH: 12-Year-Old Trans Girl Gets Praise Glee Star and Bill Clinton
BY Diane Anderson-Minshall
April 26 2013 12:48 PM ET
It's a rare middle schooler who gets to be on stage getting praise from actress Elle Fanning and Glee star Alex Newell, but when you're Jazz, the 12-year-old trans girl who was in The Advocate's 40 Under 40 last year, it's well deserved. Jazz, who was featured in the OWN documentary I am Jazz, spoke at 24th Annual GLAAD Media Awards and then talked to MTV.com for an adorable Q&A. Among the highlights of her night, says Jazz, was when former President Bill Clinton asked to meet her.
"It's hard to top meeting the former President of the United States of America," Jazz told MTV. "So that was definitely the highlight of my night. I was honored that he and his daughter, Chelsea, took the time to meet me and my mother. But I'm such a big fan of Jennifer Lawrence that it was so exciting to get to talk to her, too."
Read the rest of the interview at MTV and watch her GLAAD speech below.
- WATCH: The 12 Gayest Holiday Spectaculars Ever!
- These Couples Prove Love Is Love
- Salvation Army 'Does Not Consider Homosexual Orientation a Sin'
- Op-ed: What I Didn't Learn in Catholic School
- Mass. Lt. Gov. Candidate Backs Marriage Equality; Conservatives Object
- Redbox Picks Up Bridegroom Despite Rule Against Documentaries
- Travel Spider-Man Will Welcome In 2014 In Times Square 8 min 30 sec ago
- Election Is Marriage Equality Still Politically Dangerous, Even in Mass.? 51 min 5 sec ago
- Entertainment News Tig Notaro Nominated for Best Comedy Album 1 hour 52 min ago
- HIV & AIDS Republican Pol: Gays Want Free Medical Care Because of AIDS 1 hour 56 min ago
- Parenting Israel Again Deals Gay Couples, Families Legislative Setback 4:10 PM
- Politics Gay Former Republican Congressman Condemns Interparty Discrimination 3:07 PM
- World News Putin Tightens Grip on Kremlin-Run News Agencies 3:02 PM