WATCH: 12-Year-Old Trans Girl Gets Praise Glee Star and Bill Clinton
BY Diane Anderson-Minshall
April 26 2013 12:48 PM ET
It's a rare middle schooler who gets to be on stage getting praise from actress Elle Fanning and Glee star Alex Newell, but when you're Jazz, the 12-year-old trans girl who was in The Advocate's 40 Under 40 last year, it's well deserved. Jazz, who was featured in the OWN documentary I am Jazz, spoke at 24th Annual GLAAD Media Awards and then talked to MTV.com for an adorable Q&A. Among the highlights of her night, says Jazz, was when former President Bill Clinton asked to meet her.
"It's hard to top meeting the former President of the United States of America," Jazz told MTV. "So that was definitely the highlight of my night. I was honored that he and his daughter, Chelsea, took the time to meet me and my mother. But I'm such a big fan of Jennifer Lawrence that it was so exciting to get to talk to her, too."
Read the rest of the interview at MTV and watch her GLAAD speech below.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Freddy Krave Is His Own Best Model
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View