WATCH: Retired Navy SEAL Talks Positive, Negative Reaction to Transition
BY Trudy Ring
June 07 2013 7:31 PM ET
Retired Navy SEAL Kristin Beck, who recently came out about her gender transition, says she has received “amazing support” but also encountered “amazing bigotry and hatred” since doing so.
Beck, who details her time in the SEALs and her subsequent transition in the new memoir Warrior Princess, gave an interview to CNN’s Anderson Cooper this week covering the reaction to her news, her time in the service, and many other topics. Watch below.
- Dance NYC Boylesque Fest Teases Return 6:00 AM
- Artist Spotlight Artist Spotlight: Taylor Smith 4:00 AM
- Women WATCH: Trans Man Has Vagina Pride March 07 2014 7:51 PM
- Hot Sheet Hot Sheet: History Boys March 07 2014 7:25 PM
- Marriage Equality Here's The Most Absurd Thing You Missed in Michigan's Marriage Equality Trial March 07 2014 7:20 PM
- Uganda As Aid Cuts Continue, Ugandan Officials Not Concerned March 07 2014 6:57 PM
- Religion Fired Gay Administrator Sues Wash. Catholic School March 07 2014 6:55 PM