WATCH: Retired Navy SEAL Talks Positive, Negative Reaction to Transition
BY Trudy Ring
June 07 2013 8:31 PM ET
Retired Navy SEAL Kristin Beck, who recently came out about her gender transition, says she has received “amazing support” but also encountered “amazing bigotry and hatred” since doing so.
Beck, who details her time in the SEALs and her subsequent transition in the new memoir Warrior Princess, gave an interview to CNN’s Anderson Cooper this week covering the reaction to her news, her time in the service, and many other topics. Watch below.
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- Trans Teen Activist, Former Homecoming King, Dies in Charlotte, N.C.
- Gov. Mike Pence Just Gave Indiana a 'License to Discriminate'
- 12 Celebrities Who Said the “F” Word
- Michigan Woman Sues Planet Fitness Over Trans-Inclusive Locker Room
- #TBT: The Massive, Masculine Art of Robert Riggs