WATCH: Retired Navy SEAL Talks Positive, Negative Reaction to Transition
BY Trudy Ring
June 07 2013 8:31 PM ET
Retired Navy SEAL Kristin Beck, who recently came out about her gender transition, says she has received “amazing support” but also encountered “amazing bigotry and hatred” since doing so.
Beck, who details her time in the SEALs and her subsequent transition in the new memoir Warrior Princess, gave an interview to CNN’s Anderson Cooper this week covering the reaction to her news, her time in the service, and many other topics. Watch below.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Pride at Work Tells HRC: ‘Enough Is Enough’
- WATCH: Antigay Ky. Clerk Inadvertently Married This Queer Couple
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- WATCH: How This 12-Year-Old Lacrosse Player Found His Courage
- The Log Cabin Republicans' Uncertain Future