WATCH: Retired Navy SEAL Talks Positive, Negative Reaction to Transition
BY Trudy Ring
June 07 2013 8:31 PM ET
Retired Navy SEAL Kristin Beck, who recently came out about her gender transition, says she has received “amazing support” but also encountered “amazing bigotry and hatred” since doing so.
Beck, who details her time in the SEALs and her subsequent transition in the new memoir Warrior Princess, gave an interview to CNN’s Anderson Cooper this week covering the reaction to her news, her time in the service, and many other topics. Watch below.
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps
- World Goes Bonkers On Antigay Michigan Repairman
- Op-ed: Leelah Alcorn 'Ciswashed' by the Media, White House
- Bryan Cranston: 'End This Silliness' of Opposing Marriage Equality
- 7 Things That Are Everything This Week
- Bobby Jindal: Louisiana's Antigay Marriage Bill Isn't About Discrimination