Fla. Police Arrest Man Suspected of Burning Trans Woman to Death
BY Parker Marie Molloy
July 30 2014 7:34 PM ET
A man in Fort Myers, Fla., was arrested in connection with the June murder of 31-year-old Yaz’min Shancez.
Terry Lynn Brady, 45, was arrested earlier today, and charged with second degree murder. Shancez, a transgender woman, was found burned to death behind a garbage bin at a rental facility located at 2807 Fowler Street in Fort Myers last month.
Fort Myers Police spokesperson Victor Medico tells the Fort Myers News-Press, "The perseverance of our detectives who worked every investigative angle in the last month brought closure to this case today."
Since 2003, Brady has been arrested 10 times on charges ranging from soliciting prostitution, to possession of a controlled substance with intent to sell, to driving on a suspended license. He was most recently arrested July 1 after failing to appear for a court date on an unrelated charge.
- Dan Savage Calls Out Duggar's 'Staggering' Family Values Hypocrisy
- Op-ed: I'm a Trans Man Who Doesn't 'Pass' — And You Shouldn't Either
- 11 Sweet Celebrity Tweets Celebrating Ireland's Marriage Equality Win
- PHOTOS: Let's Take a Long Look at Long Beach Pride
- #TBT: The Battle for the Bulge
- How to Date an HIV-Negative Guy