Fla. Police Arrest Man Suspected of Burning Trans Woman to Death
BY Parker Marie Molloy
July 30 2014 7:34 PM ET
A man in Fort Myers, Fla., was arrested in connection with the June murder of 31-year-old Yaz’min Shancez.
Terry Lynn Brady, 45, was arrested earlier today, and charged with second degree murder. Shancez, a transgender woman, was found burned to death behind a garbage bin at a rental facility located at 2807 Fowler Street in Fort Myers last month.
Fort Myers Police spokesperson Victor Medico tells the Fort Myers News-Press, "The perseverance of our detectives who worked every investigative angle in the last month brought closure to this case today."
Since 2003, Brady has been arrested 10 times on charges ranging from soliciting prostitution, to possession of a controlled substance with intent to sell, to driving on a suspended license. He was most recently arrested July 1 after failing to appear for a court date on an unrelated charge.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- California Becomes First State to Ban Gay, Trans 'Panic' Defenses
- Read This Mich. Democrat's Epic Response to Antigay Group's 'Pile of Excrement'
- Bible-Quoting Man Shoots Couple With BB Gun Outside Minneapolis Gay Bar
- Modern Family Director Live-Tweets a Plane Passenger's Drunken Meltdown
- 10 Transgender Kings and Queens Who Ruled the School