Grey Poupon Celebrates LGBT Pride With New Ad
BY Jase Peeples
June 25 2013 3:39 PM ET
Grey Poupon is generating controversy after posting a new photo on the mustard brand’s Facebook page in honor of LGBT Pride month.
The ad is reminiscent of the commercials that popularized the brand in the 1980s and has received over 13,000 likes as of this writing. The photo features two men holding hands and was posted yesterday along with a caption reading, “June is National Pride month. Though the festivities technically only last a month, we recommend celebrating all year — because Pride and good taste never go out of season.”
Kraft, the company which owns Grey Poupon, also received cheers and jeers for supporting LGBT Pride last year by including a rainbow-colored Oreo cookie as a part of the brand’s “Daily Twist” ad campaign.
Watch one of the vintage ads for Grey Poupon below.
- Politics Timeline: When Executive Orders Came First? 41 min 39 sec ago
- Current Issue One Issue Still Bucks The Trend for LGBT Equality 1 hour 41 min ago
- Commentary Op-ed: 'License to Discriminate' Bills Will Keep Coming 2 hours 41 min ago
- Women Ellen's Oscars' Selfie Gets Simpson-ized! March 06 2014 7:56 PM
- Travel General Motors Hopes to Impress You at Mammoth Gay Ski Week March 06 2014 7:24 PM
- Women WATCH: American Idol's Out Contestant MK Nobilette Does 'Drops of Jupiter' March 06 2014 7:18 PM
- Books Gay Propaganda Brings Russian Love Stories to Light March 06 2014 6:06 PM