Grey Poupon Celebrates LGBT Pride With New Ad
BY Jase Peeples
June 25 2013 3:39 PM ET
Grey Poupon is generating controversy after posting a new photo on the mustard brand’s Facebook page in honor of LGBT Pride month.
The ad is reminiscent of the commercials that popularized the brand in the 1980s and has received over 13,000 likes as of this writing. The photo features two men holding hands and was posted yesterday along with a caption reading, “June is National Pride month. Though the festivities technically only last a month, we recommend celebrating all year — because Pride and good taste never go out of season.”
Kraft, the company which owns Grey Poupon, also received cheers and jeers for supporting LGBT Pride last year by including a rainbow-colored Oreo cookie as a part of the brand’s “Daily Twist” ad campaign.
Watch one of the vintage ads for Grey Poupon below.
- Op-ed: Male Gays and the Male Gaze
- Artist Spotlight: Carlos Barahona Possollo
- Op-ed: Madonna, My Father, and a Life Outside a Tiny Island
- A Best-Case, Worst-Case Look at the Supreme Court's Options
- Everything You Need to Know Now About Marriage Equality in Michigan
- Pope Francis Holds Private Meeting With Transgender Man and Fiancée