WATCH: Kicked Out of a Cab for Kissing
BY Neal Broverman
June 02 2013 9:18 PM ET
A Chicago male couple almost had to navigate a busy expressway on foot because a cabbie objected to their kiss, they claim.
Steven White and Matt McCrea were making their way home from O'Hare International Airport on Thursday night. McCrea leaned over to sneak a quick closed-mouth kiss when the driver allegedly pitched a fit.
"He indicated that it was a public mode of transportation and we shouldn't kiss in his cab," White told CBS Chicago. "He pulled the cab over and stopped and wanted us to get out — on the Kennedy [Expressway]."
The driver agreed to let the couple out at a grocery store at 11:30 p.m. Police were called and the driver told police the couple were "making sex," though the police found no such validity to that. White and McCrea plan to file a complaint wit the Chicago Department of Business Affairs and Consumer Protection.
"Rarely in my life have I ever wondered if I would have been treated differently if I were heterosexual," White says. "That thought rarely ever crossed my mind, but last night I wondered."
- Buck Angel Shuts Down Transgender Surgery Fundraising Site
- Op-ed: Two and a Half Men Introduces Trans Character, Manages to Stay Respectful
- The Many Faces of LGBT Family
- The Financial Effects of DOMA: Newlywed Financial Decisions
- WATCH: The Best of LGBT Chorus Holiday Music
- Salvation Army 'Does Not Consider Homosexual Orientation a Sin'
- Latest News India Reinstates Gay Sex Ban 22 min 37 sec ago
- Entertainment News Carmen Carrera & Her Victoria's Secret Dream 25 min 56 sec ago
- Media Edie Windsor is No. 3 on Time's Person of Year Shortlist 1 hour 46 min ago
- Commentary Op-ed: Immigration Goes Beyond Documentation 7:00 AM
- Day in LGBT America PHOTOS: The Many Faces of LGBT Family 6:00 AM
- Comedy Meet the Lesbian Who Won a Comedy Cage Match 6:00 AM
- Transgender Buck Angel Shuts Down Transgender Surgery Fundraising Site December 10 2013 9:08 PM