WATCH: Kicked Out of a Cab for Kissing
BY Neal Broverman
June 02 2013 10:18 PM ET
A Chicago male couple almost had to navigate a busy expressway on foot because a cabbie objected to their kiss, they claim.
Steven White and Matt McCrea were making their way home from O'Hare International Airport on Thursday night. McCrea leaned over to sneak a quick closed-mouth kiss when the driver allegedly pitched a fit.
"He indicated that it was a public mode of transportation and we shouldn't kiss in his cab," White told CBS Chicago. "He pulled the cab over and stopped and wanted us to get out — on the Kennedy [Expressway]."
The driver agreed to let the couple out at a grocery store at 11:30 p.m. Police were called and the driver told police the couple were "making sex," though the police found no such validity to that. White and McCrea plan to file a complaint wit the Chicago Department of Business Affairs and Consumer Protection.
"Rarely in my life have I ever wondered if I would have been treated differently if I were heterosexual," White says. "That thought rarely ever crossed my mind, but last night I wondered."
- 7 Brave Campuses for LGBT Students in the South
- Michael Sam Passed Over By Every NFL Team
- Reports: Dallas Cowboys Eye Michael Sam for Practice Squad
- Op-ed: In The Long Run, Michael Sam Being Cut Was About Homophobia
- WATCH: 'Christian' Family's Terrifying Response to Son Coming Out
- WATCH: Gay Teen Explains What Bible Really Says