WATCH: Kicked Out of a Cab for Kissing
BY Neal Broverman
June 02 2013 10:18 PM ET
A Chicago male couple almost had to navigate a busy expressway on foot because a cabbie objected to their kiss, they claim.
Steven White and Matt McCrea were making their way home from O'Hare International Airport on Thursday night. McCrea leaned over to sneak a quick closed-mouth kiss when the driver allegedly pitched a fit.
"He indicated that it was a public mode of transportation and we shouldn't kiss in his cab," White told CBS Chicago. "He pulled the cab over and stopped and wanted us to get out — on the Kennedy [Expressway]."
The driver agreed to let the couple out at a grocery store at 11:30 p.m. Police were called and the driver told police the couple were "making sex," though the police found no such validity to that. White and McCrea plan to file a complaint wit the Chicago Department of Business Affairs and Consumer Protection.
"Rarely in my life have I ever wondered if I would have been treated differently if I were heterosexual," White says. "That thought rarely ever crossed my mind, but last night I wondered."
- Op-ed: What People Don't Get About Dismay Over Jared Leto
- Anne Rice Announces New Vampire Chronicles Novel
- The Striking Muxe: Mexico's Third Gender
- Op-ed: Pope Francis: One Year In, Door Slightly Ajar for LGBT People
- Op-ed: In Boston, an Ugly St. Patrick's Day Tradition Continues
- WATCH: Gay Man's Grandfather Came Out to Him at 90 Years Old
- Print Issue The Striking Muxe: Mexico's Third Gender 2 hours 43 min ago
- Current Issue Editor’s Letter: April/May Issue 5:01 AM
- Parenting Is Mr. Peabody & Sherman About Adoption by Gays? 4:00 AM
- Media Former Fox Sportscaster Claims Anti-Antigay Discrimination March 10 2014 9:37 PM
- Women Lorde Takes Down Idiot DJ Who Implies She and Taylor Swift Are Lesbians March 10 2014 9:01 PM
- Women WATCH: Trailer for New Lesbian-Themed Series #Hashtag March 10 2014 7:54 PM
- Travel Sydney Mardi Gras: A Post-Mortem March 10 2014 7:47 PM