WATCH: Kicked Out of a Cab for Kissing
BY Neal Broverman
June 02 2013 9:18 PM ET
A Chicago male couple almost had to navigate a busy expressway on foot because a cabbie objected to their kiss, they claim.
Steven White and Matt McCrea were making their way home from O'Hare International Airport on Thursday night. McCrea leaned over to sneak a quick closed-mouth kiss when the driver allegedly pitched a fit.
"He indicated that it was a public mode of transportation and we shouldn't kiss in his cab," White told CBS Chicago. "He pulled the cab over and stopped and wanted us to get out — on the Kennedy [Expressway]."
The driver agreed to let the couple out at a grocery store at 11:30 p.m. Police were called and the driver told police the couple were "making sex," though the police found no such validity to that. White and McCrea plan to file a complaint wit the Chicago Department of Business Affairs and Consumer Protection.
"Rarely in my life have I ever wondered if I would have been treated differently if I were heterosexual," White says. "That thought rarely ever crossed my mind, but last night I wondered."
- Women 9 Inspiring Women Backing LGBT Rights Around The World 0 sec ago
- HIV & AIDS HIV 101: Can I Get HIV if I’m a Top? 13 min 51 sec ago
- Media How to Get a Job With Nate Silver 1 hour 47 min ago
- Parenting What's in My Dad Bag? 7:00 AM
- Politics Timeline: When Executive Orders Came First? 6:00 AM
- Current Issue One Issue Still Bucks The Trend for LGBT Equality 5:00 AM
- Commentary Op-ed: 'License to Discriminate' Bills Will Keep Coming 4:00 AM