Tea Party Republican Supports ENDA
BY Michelle Garcia
October 09 2012 2:33 PM ET
A Tea Party Republican said that he supports the Employment Non-Discrimination Act, which would protect workers from being fired because of their sexual orientation or gender identity.
"I’m a businessman," Colorado Republican Scott Tipton told Think Progress last week. "When you walk in the door, if you’re able to do the job and you’re focused on your job, that’s all that’s important ... I think we've got a good policy in this country of not being discriminatory, and we should not be in regards to people's personal lives."
He added he would vote in favor of ENDA if it came up in the House, because he doesn't "believe we ought to be discriminating against people for their private lives."
- Buck Angel Shuts Down Transgender Surgery Fundraising Site
- PHOTOS: 6 Couples Australia's High Court Says Aren't Married Anymore
- WATCH: Right Wing Swoons Over Antigay Colo. Baker Ready to Go to Jail for Jesus
- Blogger: Salvation Army No Friend to LGBT Folks
- WATCH: The Best of LGBT Chorus Holiday Music
- Mich. Governor Condemns RNC Member's Latest Antigay Remark
- Marriage Equality Australia's High Court Says These Couples Aren't Married December 11 2013 8:37 PM
- Women Meet Gender Scientist Anne Fausto-Sterling December 11 2013 7:42 PM
- Women WATCH: Michelle Chamuel Returns to The Voice with 'Go Down Singing' December 11 2013 7:10 PM
- Politics Mich. Governor Condemns RNC Member's Latest Antigay Remark December 11 2013 7:01 PM
- Marriage Equality WATCH: Right Wing Swoons Over Antigay Baker December 11 2013 6:45 PM
- Travel What Airline Scored 100% on HRC's Corporate Equality Index? December 11 2013 6:44 PM
- Entertainment News The Queer Quotient at the SAG Awards December 11 2013 6:03 PM