Tea Party Republican Supports ENDA
BY Michelle Garcia
October 09 2012 3:33 PM ET
A Tea Party Republican said that he supports the Employment Non-Discrimination Act, which would protect workers from being fired because of their sexual orientation or gender identity.
"I’m a businessman," Colorado Republican Scott Tipton told Think Progress last week. "When you walk in the door, if you’re able to do the job and you’re focused on your job, that’s all that’s important ... I think we've got a good policy in this country of not being discriminatory, and we should not be in regards to people's personal lives."
He added he would vote in favor of ENDA if it came up in the House, because he doesn't "believe we ought to be discriminating against people for their private lives."
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Boys Wear Skirts to Class in Protest After School Fines Trans Girl for Wearing Skirt
- Op-ed: Gay Voice Is Ruining Lives
- Catholics: Antigay Leaders Get Boot, a Progressive Becomes American Archbishop
- The 50 Most Influential LGBT People in Media
- WATCH: Straight Dad Punched For Calling Out Woman's Antigay Slurs