Tea Party Republican Supports ENDA
BY Michelle Garcia
October 09 2012 3:33 PM ET
A Tea Party Republican said that he supports the Employment Non-Discrimination Act, which would protect workers from being fired because of their sexual orientation or gender identity.
"I’m a businessman," Colorado Republican Scott Tipton told Think Progress last week. "When you walk in the door, if you’re able to do the job and you’re focused on your job, that’s all that’s important ... I think we've got a good policy in this country of not being discriminatory, and we should not be in regards to people's personal lives."
He added he would vote in favor of ENDA if it came up in the House, because he doesn't "believe we ought to be discriminating against people for their private lives."
- WATCH: What Happens When a Gay Boy Scout Comes Out to His Camp Leader
- Multiple Attacks on Gay Men in NYC, Hours After Rally
- PHOTOS: Real Weddings, Real People
- Op-ed: Are We More Successful Because We’re Gay?
- Anonymous Boy Scouts Employee Says Antigay Policy Hurts Business
- We Love Liberace Now Even More Than 30 Years Ago
Sign Up For Email Updates
- The Wedding Channel PHOTOS: Real Weddings, Real People 53 min 31 sec ago
- Youth WATCH: What Happens When a Gay Scout Comes Out to Camp Leader 1 hour 54 min ago
- Commentary Op-ed: Are We More Successful Because We’re Gay? 2 hours 19 min ago
- Current Issue We Love Liberace Now Even More Than 30 Years Ago 2 hours 54 min ago
- Sports Water Polo Player Addresses WeHo City Council in Speedo May 22 2013 10:00 PM
- Comics and Graphic Novels This Gay Superhero Comic Is So Super Duper May 22 2013 9:00 PM
- The End of Bullying Could Video Games Be a Cure for Anti-LGBT Bullying? May 22 2013 8:15 PM