BY Advocate Contributors
July 13 2010 2:10 PM ET
When did you know you wanted to have children?
I think it’s something I’d been wondering or thinking about for the past fifteen years.
What’s the biggest lesson you’ve learned as a parent?
No matter what you think, you can’t take your eye off the ball because it’s always there whether you’re with your kid or not.
Have you or your children ever faced discrimination as a gay family?
No, I’m thrilled to say. He’s being raised in a time and place where that’s zero of an issue .
What might people be surprised to learn about your family?
We’re pretty suburban in a lot of ways.
What’s been the biggest surprise you’ve encountered as a parent?
The magnitude of my feelings for my kid.
- Artist Spotlight: Carlos Barahona Possollo
- WATCH: Rachel Maddow Skewers Bobby Jindal Prayer Rally
- Alabama Probate Judges Association: We 'Cannot Legally' Issue Marriage Licenses to Gay Couples
- WATCH: George Takei Parodies TLC's My Husband’s Not Gay
- Mormon Missionary Positions
- Madonna's 12 Studio Albums Ranked