BY Advocate Contributors
July 13 2010 3:10 PM ET
When did you know you wanted to have children?
I think it’s something I’d been wondering or thinking about for the past fifteen years.
What’s the biggest lesson you’ve learned as a parent?
No matter what you think, you can’t take your eye off the ball because it’s always there whether you’re with your kid or not.
Have you or your children ever faced discrimination as a gay family?
No, I’m thrilled to say. He’s being raised in a time and place where that’s zero of an issue .
What might people be surprised to learn about your family?
We’re pretty suburban in a lot of ways.
What’s been the biggest surprise you’ve encountered as a parent?
The magnitude of my feelings for my kid.
- WATCH: Bianca Del Rio and Adore Delano Star in Starbucks' First LGBT Commercial
- Couple Plead Guilty to Torture Death of 8-Year-Old They Thought Was Gay
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Tim Cook: Being Gay Has Helped Me Lead Apple
- The LGBT Films of AFI Fest 2014
- The Scariest Antigay Candidates in Next Week's Election