BY Advocate Contributors
July 13 2010 2:10 PM ET
When did you know you wanted to have children?
I think it’s something I’d been wondering or thinking about for the past fifteen years.
What’s the biggest lesson you’ve learned as a parent?
No matter what you think, you can’t take your eye off the ball because it’s always there whether you’re with your kid or not.
Have you or your children ever faced discrimination as a gay family?
No, I’m thrilled to say. He’s being raised in a time and place where that’s zero of an issue .
What might people be surprised to learn about your family?
We’re pretty suburban in a lot of ways.
What’s been the biggest surprise you’ve encountered as a parent?
The magnitude of my feelings for my kid.
- Phobie Awards: The 13 Worst People of the Year
- Holiday Guide: Shop Here, Not There
- WATCH: Mom Affirms Her Love in Son's Coming-Out Video
- India's Sodomy Ban Incites 'Day of Rage' Among Activists
- Senate Republicans Introduce 'License to Discriminate' Bill
- Op-ed: The Other Obligation That Comes With HIV
- Women WATCH: These Lesbians are 'Proud to Be Femme!' 11 min 4 sec ago
- Politics India's Sodomy Ban Incites 'Day of Rage' Among Activists 1 hour 17 min ago
- Activism Queers for Economic Justice Announces Closure 1 hour 19 min ago
- Entertainment News Johnny Weir Scrubs His Bio of Russian Government Work 2 hours 27 min ago
- Transgender HHS to Reevaluate Ban on Gender-Confirming Surgeries 2 hours 32 min ago
- Television WATCH: Ian McKellen Strolls Down Sesame Street 2:21 PM
- Women WATCH: Mary Lambert's Version of 'Teenage Dirtbag' is a Lesbian Love Song! 1:59 PM