Gene Elder Is Persona Non Grata at San Antonio City Hall
BY Neal Broverman
July 23 2012 4:54 PM ET
A gay rights activist has been barred from emailing San Antonio city officials after he inundated them with everything from development complaints to suggestions for sensitivity training to movie recommendations.
Gene Elder doesn't own a computer, instead sending missives through his neighbor's computer or computers at churches or universities. His messages have been so voluminous, city leaders said they needed to take action by barring him from sending any to an address ending with @sanantonio.gov.
“There does come a point where someone who sends such a high volume of emails that it hinders your ability to focus on other issues,” Councilman Diego Bernal told mysanantonio.com.
- Marriage Equality Could Worsen Bisexual Erasure
- Op-ed: 5 Reasons Men's Health Needs a Trans Man On The Cover
- 14 Gloriously Hilarious Rihanna Met Gala Gown Memes
- Newly Out Fox Contributor Isn't Very Concerned About Gay Rights
- WATCH: Dodger Stadium Reacts to Same-Sex Couple on Kiss Cam
- Out NYC Owners Call Gays 'Cheap,' 'Entitled' In Disastrous Interview