Gene Elder Is Persona Non Grata at San Antonio City Hall
BY Neal Broverman
July 23 2012 4:54 PM ET
A gay rights activist has been barred from emailing San Antonio city officials after he inundated them with everything from development complaints to suggestions for sensitivity training to movie recommendations.
Gene Elder doesn't own a computer, instead sending missives through his neighbor's computer or computers at churches or universities. His messages have been so voluminous, city leaders said they needed to take action by barring him from sending any to an address ending with @sanantonio.gov.
“There does come a point where someone who sends such a high volume of emails that it hinders your ability to focus on other issues,” Councilman Diego Bernal told mysanantonio.com.
- Multiple Attacks on Gay Men in NYC, Hours After Rally
- WATCH: President Obama Tells Morehouse Grads 'Be the Best Husband to Your Boyfriend'
- French Marriage Equality Opponent Commits Suicide at Notre Dame
- Op-ed: Religion Shouldn't Be an Excuse for Discrimination
- LGBT-Inclusive Immigration Reform Good As Dead, Say Advocates
- Florida Teen Facing Sex Offender Charge For Consensual Same-Sex Relationship
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Music WATCH: Is This the Worst Music Video Ever? 12 min 41 sec ago
- Marriage Equality French Marriage Equality Opponent Commits Suicide at Notre Dame 14 min 12 sec ago
- Politics Democratic 'Betrayal' Leaves Binational LGBT Families Stranded 25 min 34 sec ago
- Travel Peace Corps Opens to Same-Sex Couples 40 min 47 sec ago
- Commentary Why it's Time to Stop Stigmatizing Haitians 54 min 40 sec ago
- Health and Treatments Is There Such a Thing as HIV-Negative AIDS? 57 min 20 sec ago
- Religion Church of Scotland to Allow Gay Ministers 1 hour 9 min ago