Gene Elder Is Persona Non Grata at San Antonio City Hall
BY Neal Broverman
July 23 2012 3:54 PM ET
A gay rights activist has been barred from emailing San Antonio city officials after he inundated them with everything from development complaints to suggestions for sensitivity training to movie recommendations.
Gene Elder doesn't own a computer, instead sending missives through his neighbor's computer or computers at churches or universities. His messages have been so voluminous, city leaders said they needed to take action by barring him from sending any to an address ending with @sanantonio.gov.
“There does come a point where someone who sends such a high volume of emails that it hinders your ability to focus on other issues,” Councilman Diego Bernal told mysanantonio.com.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Artist Spotlight: Boots Bryant
- 90,000-Plus and Counting: Petition to Cancel Duggars' Show Gains Momentum
- Transgender Day of Remembrance: Those We've Lost in 2014
- Country Music Star Ty Herndon Comes Out as Gay
- Transgender Pioneer and Stone Butch Blues Author Leslie Feinberg Has Died