Gene Elder Is Persona Non Grata at San Antonio City Hall
BY Neal Broverman
July 23 2012 4:54 PM ET
A gay rights activist has been barred from emailing San Antonio city officials after he inundated them with everything from development complaints to suggestions for sensitivity training to movie recommendations.
Gene Elder doesn't own a computer, instead sending missives through his neighbor's computer or computers at churches or universities. His messages have been so voluminous, city leaders said they needed to take action by barring him from sending any to an address ending with @sanantonio.gov.
“There does come a point where someone who sends such a high volume of emails that it hinders your ability to focus on other issues,” Councilman Diego Bernal told mysanantonio.com.
- Fred Phelps Excommunicated and Near Death?
- WATCH: Ark. High School Yearbook Refuses to Profile Out Student
- A Brief History of Gays and the St. Patrick's Day Parade
- LGBT Exclusion Costs St. Paddy's Parades
- WATCH: First Gay Hug Parodies First Kiss Viral Video
- Billy Graham's Son: Obama Could Learn from Putin's Homophobia
- Television RPDR: Music Producer Lucian Piane on Pushing RuPaul & Working with Idol Contestants 1 min 17 sec ago
- Television How I Met Your Dad Adds Second Gay Character 3 min 4 sec ago
- Women WATCH: Wanda to Ellen: Look At the Lesbian Falling Off the Pole 6 min 19 sec ago
- Media LISTEN: Right-Wing Pundits Blast Guinness's Pullout From St. Pat's Parade 13 min 44 sec ago
- Travel WeHo's Most Notorious Nudie Motel Going Mainstream 47 min ago
- Women 31 Most Eligible Out Women of 2014 58 min 57 sec ago
- Women WATCH: Lesbians Explain - How Two Women Fall In Love 1 hour 12 min ago