Violent Confrontations Mar an International Day for LGBT Awareness
BY Advocate.com Editors
May 18 2012 11:57 AM ET
After an IDAHO protest rally in St. Petersburg, Russia, activists were escorted back to their buses by police. But they drove only a few blocks before being stopped by groups of young men dressed in neo-Nazi insignia, some with face masks and many with shaved skin-head hairstyles. They attacked the buses, broke through the windows and assaulted the activists inside.
- Time to #BoycottIndiana? Celebs Blow Up Social Media
- Trixie Mattel on Drag Race Elimination: 'It Was Rude'
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- Trans Teen Activist, Former Homecoming King, Dies in Charlotte, N.C.
- Texas Successfully Blocks New Federal Rights for Gay Couples
- 11 Bad Habits Killing LGBT People