Violent Confrontations Mar an International Day for LGBT Awareness
BY Advocate.com Editors
May 18 2012 11:57 AM ET
After an IDAHO protest rally in St. Petersburg, Russia, activists were escorted back to their buses by police. But they drove only a few blocks before being stopped by groups of young men dressed in neo-Nazi insignia, some with face masks and many with shaved skin-head hairstyles. They attacked the buses, broke through the windows and assaulted the activists inside.
- UFC Women's Champ Refuses to Fight Trans Athlete Fallon Fox
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Rachel Maddow: The Fox News Debate Is 'Rigged'
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- First Gay Couple to Wed at West Point Turns Tables on Antigay Attacker
- Op-ed: Are Millennials More Racist Than Antigay?