MLB Outfielder Says Gay Player Would Make Him 'Uncomfortable'
BY Lucas Grindley
December 31 2012 12:05 PM ET
In a lengthy story about how unwelcome gay athletes still feel in pro sports, Detroit Tigers outfielder Torii Hunter says a player coming out would make him "uncomfortable."
Hunter, who is described in the Los Angeles Times story as "among baseball's most thoughtful and intelligent players," said a gay player would divide a Major League Baseball team.
"For me, as a Christian … I will be uncomfortable because in all my teachings and all my learning, biblically, it's not right," he told the newspaper. "It will be difficult and uncomfortable."
Read the Complete Story
- EXCLUSIVE: Watch the Official Trailer for 54: The Director's Cut
- PHOTOS: International Mr. Leather Weekend
- Why Can't We Talk About Homophobia in the Black Community?
- Op-ed: Let's Keep the Momentum Going After Win in Ireland
- BREAKING: How About a President Santorum?
- The Cities LGBTs Love And the Ones We Shun