WATCH: Irish Actor Gives Eminem Equality Makeover With 'Putin Rap'
BY Jase Peeples
February 07 2014 5:21 PM ET
The chorus of voices speaking out against the homophobic laws and mistreatment of LGBT people in Russia has greatly increased since the 2014 Winter Games kicked off in Sochi yesterday.
From companies running LGBT-inclusive ads during Olympic TV coverage to Google’s latest rainbow doodle, supporters of equality are rising up, speaking out, and standing with in solidarity Russia’s LGBT community — including Irish actor Dermot Magennis, whose hard-hitting and hilarious track “The Putin Rap” shines a bright light on the rampant homophobia of the Winter Games’ host country.
Based on Dr. Dre and Eminem’s classic track “Forgot About Dre,” Magennis’s f-bomb-laden spoof delivers an unflinching middle finger, (literally), to the Russian leader who is “picking on gays.”
- Film Gay-Helmed Sci-Fi Film Space Station 76 Debuts at SXSW March 08 2014 8:15 PM
- Religion Archbishop of NY Applauds NFL Hopeful Michael Sam for Coming Out March 08 2014 6:04 PM
- Love and Sex Sexually Explicit Videos No Longer Allowed on Vine March 08 2014 2:06 PM
- Dance NYC Boylesque Fest Teases Return March 08 2014 7:00 AM
- Artist Spotlight Artist Spotlight: Taylor Smith March 08 2014 5:00 AM
- Women WATCH: Trans Man Has Vagina Pride March 07 2014 8:51 PM
- Hot Sheet Hot Sheet: History Boys March 07 2014 8:25 PM