WATCH: Irish Actor Gives Eminem Equality Makeover With 'Putin Rap'
BY Jase Peeples
February 07 2014 5:21 PM ET
The chorus of voices speaking out against the homophobic laws and mistreatment of LGBT people in Russia has greatly increased since the 2014 Winter Games kicked off in Sochi yesterday.
From companies running LGBT-inclusive ads during Olympic TV coverage to Google’s latest rainbow doodle, supporters of equality are rising up, speaking out, and standing with in solidarity Russia’s LGBT community — including Irish actor Dermot Magennis, whose hard-hitting and hilarious track “The Putin Rap” shines a bright light on the rampant homophobia of the Winter Games’ host country.
Based on Dr. Dre and Eminem’s classic track “Forgot About Dre,” Magennis’s f-bomb-laden spoof delivers an unflinching middle finger, (literally), to the Russian leader who is “picking on gays.”
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- Audra McDonald Rips Indiana Governor Over Law
- Texas Successfully Blocks New Federal Rights for Gay Couples
- Trans Teen Activist, Former Homecoming King, Dies in Charlotte, N.C.
- 11 Bad Habits Killing LGBT People
- Gov. Mike Pence Just Gave Indiana a 'License to Discriminate'