WATCH: Irish Actor Gives Eminem Equality Makeover With 'Putin Rap'
BY Jase Peeples
February 07 2014 5:21 PM ET
The chorus of voices speaking out against the homophobic laws and mistreatment of LGBT people in Russia has greatly increased since the 2014 Winter Games kicked off in Sochi yesterday.
From companies running LGBT-inclusive ads during Olympic TV coverage to Google’s latest rainbow doodle, supporters of equality are rising up, speaking out, and standing with in solidarity Russia’s LGBT community — including Irish actor Dermot Magennis, whose hard-hitting and hilarious track “The Putin Rap” shines a bright light on the rampant homophobia of the Winter Games’ host country.
Based on Dr. Dre and Eminem’s classic track “Forgot About Dre,” Magennis’s f-bomb-laden spoof delivers an unflinching middle finger, (literally), to the Russian leader who is “picking on gays.”
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- California Becomes First State to Ban Gay, Trans 'Panic' Defenses
- Modern Family Director Live-Tweets a Plane Passenger's Drunken Meltdown
- Welcome to Night Vale: Where Queer Is Normal and Normal Is Bizarre
- Op-ed: Finding Sympathy for the Most Hated Woman in America
- Op-ed: Tech's Wake-Up Call From Your Transgender Coworker