WATCH: Irish Actor Gives Eminem Equality Makeover With 'Putin Rap'
BY Jase Peeples
February 07 2014 5:21 PM ET
The chorus of voices speaking out against the homophobic laws and mistreatment of LGBT people in Russia has greatly increased since the 2014 Winter Games kicked off in Sochi yesterday.
From companies running LGBT-inclusive ads during Olympic TV coverage to Google’s latest rainbow doodle, supporters of equality are rising up, speaking out, and standing with in solidarity Russia’s LGBT community — including Irish actor Dermot Magennis, whose hard-hitting and hilarious track “The Putin Rap” shines a bright light on the rampant homophobia of the Winter Games’ host country.
Based on Dr. Dre and Eminem’s classic track “Forgot About Dre,” Magennis’s f-bomb-laden spoof delivers an unflinching middle finger, (literally), to the Russian leader who is “picking on gays.”
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- Girl Scouts Return $100K When Donor Demands It 'Not Be Used' For Trans Girls
- WATCH: Mississippi Clerk Refuses to Wed Gay Couples, Quits After 24 Years
- Texas Pastor Who Threatened to Set Himself Aflame Now 'Loves' Gays
- George Takei Takes on Clarence Thomas and Donald Trump (and Wins!)
- Girl Scouts Raise $100,000 in One Day After Dropping Transphobic Donor