WATCH: Irish Actor Gives Eminem Equality Makeover With 'Putin Rap'
BY Jase Peeples
February 07 2014 4:21 PM ET
The chorus of voices speaking out against the homophobic laws and mistreatment of LGBT people in Russia has greatly increased since the 2014 Winter Games kicked off in Sochi yesterday.
From companies running LGBT-inclusive ads during Olympic TV coverage to Google’s latest rainbow doodle, supporters of equality are rising up, speaking out, and standing with in solidarity Russia’s LGBT community — including Irish actor Dermot Magennis, whose hard-hitting and hilarious track “The Putin Rap” shines a bright light on the rampant homophobia of the Winter Games’ host country.
Based on Dr. Dre and Eminem’s classic track “Forgot About Dre,” Magennis’s f-bomb-laden spoof delivers an unflinching middle finger, (literally), to the Russian leader who is “picking on gays.”
- WATCH: Obama Bundler, HRC Founder Terry Bean Arrested on Sex Crimes Charges
- Smoke Signals' Gay Actor Turned Doctor Lands New Career-Defining Role
- 6 Bad Signs of a Good Relationship
- These 48 Trans Women and Men Changed the World
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Transgender Pioneer and Stone Butch Blues Author Leslie Feinberg Has Died