A Kiss-In, for All Those Michael Sam Haters
BY Advocate.com Editors
May 20 2014 6:30 AM ET
After pundits far and wide railed against Michael Sam's celebratory kiss with his boyfriend after Sam was drafted into the NFL earlier this month, writer and activist Michelangelo Signorile decided to launch the "Great Facebook Kiss-In," a social media event to promote images of people of the same sex kissing.
"Maybe it's you and your husband or wife, or your partner or sweetheart, or you and a friend," he wrote last week for The Huffington Post. "Maybe it's your dad and your dad, or your mom and your mom. Maybe it's two other people you just like a lot or think are hot. Your favorite celebrities, whatever."
Here are a handful of the results.
— Charles Rios (@RuralJuror13) May 19, 2014
— RememBarilla (@RememBarilla) May 17, 2014
— Loving Lesbian. (@SheLikesItWhen1) May 14, 2014
— Steve Ledoux (@SteveLedoux) May 15, 2014
- 52 LGBT Superheroes and Villains
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Op-ed: I'm a Lesbian Targeted by the Bathroom Police
- The Advocate's 31 Favorite Films of Outfest 2015
- WATCH: Ted Cruz, Glenn Beck Think Marriage Equality Has Destroyed the Constitution
- WATCH: Kids React to Same-Sex Marriage Ruling